What's new

The sudsy soapery lather

One of the first soaps I purchased was a tub of blizzard from the sudsy soapery. (If you like cooool, this has it!)

Anyone familiar with the texture of their soaps?

I've yet to find a great way to load/lather since it's not a cream, but it's also not a hard soap. I end up with blobs that don't disolve on my face, in my brush, or my scuttle when I've used it.

Since it is on the softer side, I've not lathered right in the tub, but maybe that's best with these medium soft soaps.

Anyone have it dialed in?

One of the first soaps I purchased was a tub of blizzard from the sudsy soapery. (If you like cooool, this has it!)

Anyone familiar with the texture of their soaps?

I've yet to find a great way to load/lather since it's not a cream, but it's also not a hard soap. I end up with blobs that don't disolve on my face, in my brush, or my scuttle when I've used it.

Since it is on the softer side, I've not lathered right in the tub, but maybe that's best with these medium soft soaps.

Anyone have it dialed in?
Yeah,I had the same exact problem with their soaps. I just tossed it in the trash. Many other artisan soaps to use that lather much easier than sudsy soapery. I believe it is because of the kokum butter in their soap that makes them harder to lather. It's a gooey lathering soap for sure. I have the same issue with some barrister mann soaps too. They also have kokum butter.

I also have the blizzard and couple other tubs. The consistency seems to be like a croap; soft enough to scoop easily but hard enough to keep form in the tub. All I do is scoop some into a bowl and spread it thinly and load from there. I incorporate plenty of water to use up all the soap. I find that they soap loads easily and I didn't have chunks floating around. Maybe try a bit less soap and more water?

I just used it again for the first time in a while. Applied too much soap rubbing it directly on my face. It worked fairly well after adding a ton of water. I find it an easy soap to overdo and the initial lather is like toothpaste..

It's definitely not a fav, but I can't (yet) bring myself to get rid of it...

You can try scooping some into a lather bowl, smearing the soap across the bottom surface, then putting a little water in and allowing to soak while you take a shower, etc.
This works ok with my scuttle, but with hard

I just lather it from the tub with a Semouge 830.

Seems to work for me

I've been hesitant to do that since it's so soft, but might as well give it a try. 😁

I have SS Cola...love the scent and the lather.

I scoop a little out and spread it thinly on the palm of my hand and load the brush from there.

Don't want to mess around with a bowl as I face lather. And the heat from my hand softens up the soap for easy loading, as SS is slightly firm, in the category of croaps that is.

I also use this technique for my Saponificio bignoli soft croaps.

As others have said, scoop a little, smear it flat into your lathering bowl, and lather away.

If you lather directly on top of the soap, the soap will just get even softer over time as it absorbs water from your brush.

@nav, if you like the scent of Cola, have you tried Wickham's Club Cola? Similar but even better scent, imo.

As others have said, scoop a little, smear it flat into your lathering bowl, and lather away.

If you lather directly on top of the soap, the soap will just get even softer over time as it absorbs water from your brush.

@nav, if you like the scent of Cola, have you tried Wickham's Club Cola? Similar but even better scent, imo.

Agreed...I had club cola and loved it!
I'll likely grab another tub once my SS cola is finished.

Top Bottom