What's new

The Strop Shoppe

So I thought I had it narrowed down to my five soaps, then you guys go and give me more advice-and I just had to try it

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/356243-Settled-on-Soaps?highlight=

They really pack it in there with some soap over the lip, it is a medium-hard Croap.

Lathers very easily, I loaded with about 30 seconds of swirling, face lathered and it exploded in a thick, yogurt cream, it took a significant amount of water, the lather was very slick and protective, enough there for a three pass straight shave.

The scent as described by the strop shoppe
This scent is a blend of Black Peppercorn, Leather, Woods, Patchouli, Musk, and Citrus

I would have to agree, nice scent, hint of citrus, leathery, woodsy.

I think I found a winner, more testing is needed.

I've used this a few times now and it has found a regular spot in my rotation. Another fantastic artisan soap.

It's an excellent soap. I think it's better than Mystic Water, Mike's, and QCS. I haven't tried Stirling yet.

I've been looking at this for over a year, but have yet to pull the trigger. Let's see if this thread will encourage me to go for it. Subscribed.

Pic of the very first time with Strop Shoppe. I find it as dense and thick as Tabac, and as slick as the best of 'em. Lathers quickly with little effort.

Black Tie kind of reminds me of Polo Blue. I can smell the cedar wood in Blaze. Barbershoppe has a clean scent, maybe similar to a bar of Dove soap; it's hard to describe. Baker Street smells like Irish Spring soap.

View attachment 394575

I wasn't impressed with the Barbershop with Tallow & Shea Butter I had. The fragrance lit me up and the shea butter made my face feel like rubber. I didn't really like the performance either. I strongly prefer Mike's Barbershop.

It's an excellent soap. I think it's better than Mystic Water, Mike's, and QCS.

I agree. Although I like Mike's and QCS, neither is as slick as Strop Shoppe. It's a toss up for me between Strop Shoppe and Barrister & Mann- they're definitely my two favorite shave soaps.

I agree. Although I like Mike's and QCS, neither is as slick as Strop Shoppe. It's a toss up for me between Strop Shoppe and Barrister & Mann- they're definitely my two favorite shave soaps.
I would have to say Strop Shoppe and Stirling are tied for first among the artisans, with Mike's and Barrister & Mann a close second. Just my humble opinion.

Best soap I have ever used, Black Tie and Baker street and barber shoppe special edition tallow, are also incredible scents. Use SS for two weeks and watch you skin transform. The cocoa and shea butter had just smoothed my skin out....amazing soap. You can get equally good shaves from a few other soaps but not skin care along with it.

I was lucky to get a shower bar of black tie when it was available. What a pleasure to shower with that scent.

Top Bottom