What's new

The Strop Shoppe Via dellÁmbra first impressions

My only Black Friday (or any other arbitrary sales "event") purchase was two new soaps from The Strop Shoppe's sale, Carnaby and Via dellÁmbra. Friday is my Strop Shoppe day, so after a coin flip Via dellÁmbra was today's winner.

I loved it! In the tub it has the typical Strop Shoppe croap-y appearance, and the smell is a nice spiced citrus. The scent really bloomed when it was lathered, though. Definitely citrus but with an Asian feel. It reminded me somewhat of Calvin Klein's Obsession (not as strongly scented as that) but without any sandalwood. Performance was typical of their Special/Limited Edition soaps: easy to lather, slick, protective.

I used my Semogue Owner's Club boar and Merkur 38c with a new Personna blue blade. The scent of Via dellÁmbra paired wonderfully with Captain's Choice Cat O'Nine Tails bay rum. Great shave.

Highly recommended. I can't wait to try Carnaby. Happy Friday! :biggrin1:

I guess I should have gotten the Ambre in stead of the Carnaby - I didn't care for the scent of the Carnaby. Performance top notch though, as usual from Strop Shoppe.

I was considering purchasing some Via del Ambra this evening but pulled the trigger on something else instead because I was on the fence about the scent description. Still wanting to try a Strop Shoppe soap, hopefully Maggard's will have some more in stock next time I place an order. (I wasn't supposed to be buying anything tonight but couldn't help myself!)

Top Bottom