What's new

The Strange Evolution Of Personna 74* Packaging

I cross the fingers to see P74 on the blade but nevermind that, I'm sure they are excellent blades. I post picture soon

On the picture you can see a pack of Personna Super Platinum Chrome in the black dispenser and another Pack of Personna Super Platinum Chrome in the white dispenser. The blades inside the black dispenser are branded Personna 74* Tungsten Plus while the blade inside the white dispensers are simply branded Personna.

proxy.php

Maxime,
I came across an open pack of the SPC blades that you have pictured on the right. I have surpased shave #20 (shaving every other day) and it is just as smooth as shave #4. It absolutly shows no signs of getting dull. I admit I have never owned the coveted P74*, but I believe this is one. As others have noted on other threads, once Personna started phasing out the P74*, the leftovers were packaged in standard containers as a method to move them out. I wholeheartedly believe this. I have never taken a blade past shave #6 and I am on 21 or so. I am simply amazed. If you only knew how many shaves you had in those cartons, you would never have to buy another blade.
JMNSHO

On the picture you can see a pack of Personna Super Platinum Chrome in the black dispenser and another Pack of Personna Super Platinum Chrome in the white dispenser. The blades inside the black dispenser are branded Personna 74* Tungsten Plus while the blade inside the white dispensers are simply branded Personna.

That is correct Maxime. And, for anyone else who might be interested, the last batch of the Personna 74 blades were packaged both in the Personna Super Platinum Chrome blister packaging and came in a white dispenser.* You can tell which ones are which by judging the size of the arrows and also their shape. I have some that came in the white dispenser.

*An assumption on my part since I also have generics in the white dispensers that date from either the late-late 70s or early 80s.

I got 13 good shaves out of my last Super Platinum Chrome (Not to confuse with the generic Platinum Chrome in white dispensers as well).

proxy.php

I just sent out a couple of blades, and mine has no writing on the blade.

file:///Users/admin/Desktop/2014-01-28%2012.33.24.jpg

Attachments

• $2014-01-28 12.33.24.jpg
    $2014-01-28 12.33.24.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 109
I got 13 good shaves out of my last Super Platinum Chrome (Not to confuse with the generic Platinum Chrome in white dispensers as well).

proxy.php
Does anyone know if the pack on the left is the same as the Personna Lab Blues? I received one of the packs with my NEW (pre-patent) LC. Clearly they were not from the same era.

Does anyone know if the pack on the left is the same as the Personna Lab Blues? I received one of the packs with my NEW (pre-patent) LC. Clearly they were not from the same era.

As far as I know, they are not the same. They don't shave the same.

Top Bottom