What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I've ordered the Stirling, since I've never used any brush that large and thought it might be more of a difference from my Sunrise than the Razorock. If I find it too large, I figure I could always sell it and buy the Razorock. My big concern was being able to load it in a standard tin (since someone had said that it was too big for it), but it seems as if some of you have not had that problem. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks to all for your advice.

I am yet to try Mike's, but Stirling makes some of my favorite soaps. There is so many different scents to choose from, that you are bound to find one that you like!

Both soaps are excellent, and the performance quality between them isn't significant. It may come down to scent, and that means maybe investigating in sample soaps from both companies. That said, I prefer the scents from Mike's a little more.

Stirling is Quality stuff, especially for the Price, and they make awesome scents. Check out their AS/ASB and bath soaps too!

I have not tried Mike's.

I love Stirling's shave soaps, after shaves and after shave balms. All are as good as it gets for me.

I have given up on nearly all other soaps. I still keep Cella, La Toja, Palmolive, and Stroppe Shoppe around, but nothing has topped Stirling for me.

So if you like Mike's, give Stirling a shot. They have generous soap samples, and a way to get samples of their wonderful after shaves.

To my nose they are in the same category, but Stirling Almond Creme has a stronger Vanilla spice type scent. Sort of like the vanilla extract used in cooking

A closer match would be Razorock Classic

Last edited:
The great thing about Stirling is they do have a lot of classic scents and they make special runs. If you are a bruit fan try brutish. It's a little more powdery but they work quite well together.

I just had my first experience with Stirling last week with their Gin & Tonic and I was amazed at the product. Huge fan now and I highly recommend the Gin & Tonic. Coniferous sounds like a great sample try for me!

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
tried Irish moos, I see why this one gets high praise. Nice fresh scent , good lather & protection.

also used SCS Sandalwood, not my idea of sandalwood more cologne and less earthy then I like but still nice. Great lather and a great shave very nice soap.

more to come. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at B&B

Glad it worked for you! If I didn't have a sensitivity to almond oil I feel like Stirling would be my go-to soap. Even with almond oil in it I still quite enjoy it as a soap. For me it's in the good-very good range, about a step below excellent.

Stirling soaps have come a long way. The scents have always been right on, and the slickness/protective factor has always been great. Earlier generations could be a pain to lather (they still gave a good shave because of the aforementioned slickness), but Rod consistently improved the product, and the current generation is right on. Wet shavers could do far worse. Glad it's working out for you.

I broke out my Executive Man today (based on Creed Aventus). I only have about one shave left. It is time to order my 2nd jar.

My "permanent" Stirlings: Ozark Mountain (3rd jar/puck), Margaritas in the Arctic (3rd jar/puck), Executive Man (1st jar).

Today

proxy.php

Top Bottom