What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Just ordered my 3rd tub of Stirling Sandpiper. It’s one slight step below Grooming Dept, Declaration Grooming, or Barrister’s Reserve IMO, but that’s not a knock on Stirling. Those are just in an “ultra premium” category for me. Stirling is a premium artisan soap at a great price. Very consistent in my hard water. The few times I’ve used Stirling in soft water, it was indistinguishable from the ultra premium soaps. On a related note, I’ve found that their aftershaves are top notch, on par with Barrister’s Reserve. If you’re still on the fence, they offer samples of all of their scents.

It’s not the absolute best soap in the world. But it’s without a doubt the absolute best at its price point and punches above its weight class! Order several large samples. And don’t forget the aftershave splashes, which are also terrific!

Another vote for Stirling - I really like them, and the price/performance is incredible. I particularly like Margaritas in the Arctic.

Got a tub and wasn’t impressed at all... then I learnt how to create Stirling lather properly.. now one of my favourites

Also love b&m reserve, A&E, declaration grooming, all top tier imho

Had a similar experience with Stirling. I love their bath soaps as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Just ordered my 3rd tub of Stirling Sandpiper. It’s one slight step below Grooming Dept, Declaration Grooming, or Barrister’s Reserve IMO, but that’s not a knock on Stirling. Those are just in an “ultra premium” category for me. Stirling is a premium artisan soap at a great price. Very consistent in my hard water. The few times I’ve used Stirling in soft water, it was indistinguishable from the ultra premium soaps. On a related note, I’ve found that their aftershaves are top notch, on par with Barrister’s Reserve. If you’re still on the fence, they offer samples of all of their scents.
Your assessment is spot-on and mirrors my own. Sandpiper is my favorite Stirling scent, and I’ve bought several bath bars in that marvelous iteration.

I was an exclusive Proraso user for a long time until I finally was fed up with the soap scum it left behind on everything it touched and asked here in the forum for a replacement soap that was similar and 9/10 suggestions was to give Stirling a try. That was in Jan 2017 and since trying a few samples I settled into a few favorites and now am an exclusive Stirling user. It doesn't stop at shave soaps either, I've branched into aftershaves, bath soaps, shampoo bars, and heel & palm balms for starters. The entire line is awesome and without a doubt the bang for your buck pricing on shave soap of any artisan out there... As mentioned previously, the soap samples are like $3 for 1oz and most get 25+ shaves from them and tubs are roughly $13.50 for 5.9oz. I've have 6 tubs in my rotation and still am working on a few of the original tubs I bought back in 2017!!

Like any other thread started in the Soap forum about Stirling, this thread undoubtedly will wind up in the Brotherhood forums where all Stirling threads go to hide from new users wanting to know about them!! Such a shame!!

Seems like you got your answer, lol.

I, too, enjoy Stirling. I have soft water at my house. For me they are really great. Samples are the best in the business.

I’ve been supporting stirling since I started wetshaving over 6 years ago. Recently put in a couple large orders of soaps , aftershaves and colognes . Love al their stuff

Also bought 2 of their shower soaps on the first day of release . My wife loves their shower soap . The scent is a bit weak on their shower soap but the performance is top notch .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not the absolute best soap in the world. But it’s without a doubt the absolute best at its price point and punches above its weight class! Order several large samples. And don’t forget the aftershave splashes, which are also terrific!

I've been impressed with Stirling soaps, especially the ones made with mutton tallow. But your comment got me curious. What is the "absolute best soap in the world"--or a few candidates?

I've been impressed with Stirling soaps, especially the ones made with mutton tallow. But your comment got me curious. What is the "absolute best soap in the world"--or a few candidates?

A guy who’s honest couldn’t answer that unless he’d tried them all!

Stirling is a must! Beware though, once you try one, you'll want many more. Their selection and quality are top notch.

I've never had a Sterling boar brush, but have a dozen boar brushes that I rotate through. I've never had the problem that you describe, and would certainly contact them and for a refund or an exchange for a new brush. I also like the looks of the handle. If only the handle were available, I'd probably remove the knot from an Omega or Semogue and insert it in the Sterling.

I got the Sterling boar soon after it was released. The knot on my brush is terrible. It's uneven, sheds and doesn't do much well. The handle is nice, would be great to find another knot that fits it. But the knot is not good.

I got the Sterling boar soon after it was released. The knot on my brush is terrible. It's uneven, sheds and doesn't do much well. The handle is nice, would be great to find another knot that fits it. But the knot is not good.
I had the total opposite experience. The boar knot does look a bit uneven but it feels the best and performs well. It's probably my favorite boar. Especially with the comfortable handle, it takes the cake for me.

Top Bottom