What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I currently have full tubs of Barbershop, Almond Creme, Ben Franklin, Bay Rum, Gatlinburg, Piancenza, and Glastonbury.
Gatlinburg gets the most use this time of year. My favorite artisan for sure

I got a sample of the Agar soap today. That scent is on another level, meaning I did not like it at all. Way too strong and complex for me. I'd suggest stay away from agar but YMMV.

I really like Stirling - excellent performance, lasts a while, outstanding value. I have Margaritas in the Arctic (a standby in my rotation in warmer months), and like his other essential oil ones. I didn't care for the muttony scent of Electric Sheep, though.

I may never by a puck again! The samples last plenty long but not too long. I can try more scents without overwelming the den or my wife.

Stirling samples coming in at 1oz are just perfect!

I know this is a soap thread, but no one has mentioned how fantastic Stirling aftershaves are! Hands down, the aftershaves from Stirling are the best bang for your buck. Excellent face feel, skin food and scents for a terrific price. Bay rum and sharp dressed man are a couple of favorites in the AS. For soap, Autumn Glory and Ozark mountain are wonderful fall scents.

I have always wondered but haven't posed the question until now, but why is it that any new thread started in the Soap Forum about Stirling gets blended in with this thread in the Brotherhood Forum? I'm not complaining but it seems there are multiple threads for DG, M&M, A&E, and the likes and they allow them to remain in the Soap Forum but Stirling more or less gets buried in the Brotherhood Forum!! Doesn't seem fair that the info isn't available where most newer members would look for the info...

I have always wondered but haven't posed the question until now, but why is it that any new thread started in the Soap Forum about Stirling gets blended in with this thread in the Brotherhood Forum? I'm not complaining but it seems there are multiple threads for DG, M&M, A&E, and the likes and they allow them to remain in the Soap Forum but Stirling more or less gets buried in the Brotherhood Forum!! Doesn't seem fair that the info isn't available where most newer members would look for the info...

+1

A nice response and update from the Stirling Co. about their SS razor and when it could be potentially released. A slight delay but, I think it will be well worth the wait. I copied and pasted his response from a another forum here...

GlazedBoker I should have a better idea by the end of next week. I'm really working to get the machinist to pick up the paces. I've got six handles of various finish levels in front of me today . What is likely going to happen, is that we will offer a completely unpolished level (other than normal buffing to remove burrs), which should be in the $100 range and it will only come with our standard handle options, as the art-deco handles have too aggressive of a knurling to be used with out quite a bit of buffing to take the bite away. We'll also have an Electro-polished version (maybe not in the first round) that will also use the standard handles. The 316L handles (Fort Worth, Dallas, and Austin) will only be available in the manually polished version that will be hand polished up to a mirror finish, and will include laser etching of serial numbers and designs on the side of the base plate. That's been the real hold up so far. Well, that and deciding on packaging. As these are high end items, the packaging should be in line with that so we're furiously trying to find something that meets that need without adding a huge cost to production. I'd hoped to be ready to release them by 1 October, but that's not going to be feasible. It's okay though. I'd rather folks be mad that an amazing razor took a little longer than to have them mad that we put a mediocre razor out too soon.

Thanks for the update.

No problem.

I can wait a few weeks

I have no issue at all either. On a side note, with how meticulous Stirling is in product development and quality, this razor can potentially be the sleeper of 2019. From what I gathered from the prototype testers was an extremely efficient feeling shaver with quite good smoothness. Those are two big pluses imho. Multiple handle options and optional base plates to cater to a mild or more efficient feeling shave for users. Then the kicker is keeping both versions of a matte and high polished finished razors in 316L SS alloy between $100-$150. That would be a stellar deal to be honest. Stirling is all about value, plain and simple.

Good days ahead........

I have no problem waiting another 2 months or as long as it takes for Rod to finalize this razor. When I used the prototype it was quite comfortable and highly efficient tool. It looks like Rod wants to release a quality razor for those who are experienced users without cutting corners and copying other artisans. He has a potential winner (not just a sleeper) here especially if he hits his affordability pricing. I also am looking forward to its eventual release.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Rod, take as long as you want. Your razor if the one I am most eagerly anticipating..,.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Was shopping around on the Stirling Site and noticed a link for coffee at the top right. Apparently, they will be doing their own coffee line. 2020 release from what the website says. I love everything Stirling and I love everything coffee so I will definitely have to try this out once they release it. If this coffee is as good as the shaving soap, we will certainly have a winner. Sorry if this has already been mentioned, and sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Wasn't sure where to put it lol.

I am a fan of Stirling, but I roast my own coffee. However, I would be willing to try a Stirling coffee scented shave soap.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nice. This reminds me of what Jon from Uncle Jon's Soaps mentioned once, you gotta sell your customer base more than just soap to stay in business.

Hey guys. I bought a stirling boar a few months ago. It is friggin beautiful and the handle is amazing. The handle is very hard and heavy. Anyway, I don’t use it everyday, I’ve only actually used it 3 or 4 times, but I soak it and bowl lather/hand lather a few times a week to get it beyond the break in period it arrived very stiff and the scritch would be unbearable. Right out of the box it seemed like the brush lost half of the hairs. Now, months lather and well into break in, it is still losing a lot of hairs. The hairs seem very brittle. I’m able to pinch chuncks our with little force. This is only my 2nd boar as I usually stick to synths and badger. Has anyone else had this experience with this brush?
9B71FF46-F7EF-4FF6-ADDF-AC865C5F79F7.png

Top Bottom