What's new

The Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker PIF

20221015_182711.jpg

I received the razor yesterday. I also received a lovely tin of shaving cream and a cased super speed. I shaved with the slant and gifted soap last night. I can easily see that becoming my new daily driver. No hesitation around the chin and upper lip.

Phil thank you so much for the extra items!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
The post office is being cruel.
Looks like SWCT's package has been delayed by the postal service.

I wasn't going to mention it and just suffer in silence. But Phil is right! I don't know what the heck is going on with the USPS right now, but both my package from Phil, as well as another package from an online store, have been delayed, and for days now. And we can't blame hurricane Ian on this one folks, I don't live anywhere near the hurricane zones, and my packages arn't coming from the hurricane zones either. So can't use that as an excuse.

And the only inclement weather around here that I've been aware of, is we were in a smoke haze for the last couple days. It is possible that the delays are being caused by the USPS ramping up for the holiday season? But then again, I've also had a package at the beginning of this month, get damaged in shipping, that was so bad, it was completely undeliverable, and I had to re-order from Amazon.

So yeah, it sucks right now, but I am hanging in there. But I won't lie, I see all you posting your lovely pictures of your razors, and I am like, oh man, no fair. LOL! Oh well, visa V such as life, whatever will be will be.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Now for the even more special part.... Phil sent me a Y2 Super Speed..... that is one the Gillette birth year and quarters for me.
I've got a Y2 Tech with a steel baseplate, that just happens to be one of my favorite Tech's!
Totally agree Phil! I feel blessed to be a part of this amazing community. It didn't take long to realize the kindness here. Within two weeks of joining I was given a Gillette 195! I love the energy here and I will happily continue to repay that kindness!
I was here less than a month before I got a Slim, a Tech, and a New SC, all without even asking! Yes, this is an amazing community.

~doug~

I wasn't going to mention it and just suffer in silence. But Phil is right! I don't know what the heck is going on with the USPS right now, but both my package from Phil, as well as another package from an online store, have been delayed, and for days now. And we can't blame hurricane Ian on this one folks, I don't live anywhere near the hurricane zones, and my packages arn't coming from the hurricane zones either. So can't use that as an excuse.

And the only inclement weather around here that I've been aware of, is we were in a smoke haze for the last couple days. It is possible that the delays are being caused by the USPS ramping up for the holiday season? But then again, I've also had a package at the beginning of this month, get damaged in shipping, that was so bad, it was completely undeliverable, and I had to re-order from Amazon.

So yeah, it sucks right now, but I am hanging in there. But I won't lie, I see all you posting your lovely pictures of your razors, and I am like, oh man, no fair. LOL! Oh well, visa V such as life, whatever will be will be.
Something's up with USPS this month. Certain areas I get things quickly and others take longer. Stuff from Pasteur which comes from NY have gotten here to Florida in a couple of days. Things coming from the west coast, 3-4 days and 1.5 weeks from the Midwest. Something is off!
And an FYI for those buying from the UK, Royal Mail has a strike going on which is backing up packages coming from there!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Something's up with USPS this month. Certain areas I get things quickly and others take longer. Stuff from Pasteur which comes from NY have gotten here to Florida in a couple of days. Things coming from the west coast, 3-4 days and 1.5 weeks from the Midwest. Something is off!
And an FYI for those buying from the UK, Royal Mail has a strike going on which is backing up packages coming from there!

I agree 100% that something is going on. I usually do some research when I am having difficulties with packages getting delayed, or not arriving at all. Its amazing the vast amount of negative reviews that I find for both the USPS, as well as the other shipping carriers, like UPS, Fedex, & DHL. And I feel the need to mention that, I have experienced many of these negative things (listed in other people's reviews) myself, and on a yearly basis as well.

Your so right Larry, I too have noticed that interesting inconsistency. Depending on where the package is coming from, greatly determines the speed in which it gets to you. In todays research that I did, looks like the Post Master General, is making changes yet again. You might recall he had the spotlight on him in 2020, well he's at it again, with a new twist! He's literally closing down all the small post offices, and consolidating operations to the big post office distribution and processing centers.

And that right there, is what is making me think, that the cause of all our recent problems with the USPS, is probably that right there, when it comes to package delays. Apparently the carriers themselves, do not like this new decision policy, as its making their already difficult jobs, even more difficult still. I think we should make @LRod the new post master general hehe.

Note: I keep checking my tracking, and I there are no updates. 😥

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've had quite a few interesting USPS package movements of late.... they go back and forth from our town to Jacksonville, Florida... sometimes 3 or 4 times before they are delivered. It's odd.

I've had a few packages just sit in one location for days... I have no idea what that is about? Everything eventually gets to me.

As my mother-in-law used to say: Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can.... It's seldom found in woman.. but never in a man. <eg>

I've had a few packages just sit in one location for days... I have no idea what that is about?
I was going to comment about this earlier today... this is exactly what was happening two years ago, I think we all remember that better than we care to! There is something going on with their software, I am sure of it. When a package gets scanned in, it is supposed to be directed to it's next destination and the tracking information leaves no doubt that it was scanned and left there! Two years ago, this would have resulted in them claiming they lost the package as nobody knew to even look for it. But now, at some point it is getting scanned and sent onward. I just had an item from Texas spend two full days there before being put on a truck, I had assumed after that delay that they were consolidating packages for a flight, but nope. It was strangely delivered on Sunday which they usually only do for Amazon. I have a feeling this is going to only get worse once the holiday rush is on.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Next time your delivery is stuck in Jacksonville, come on out and pick it up! We can talk shave brushes over a couple pints, I’ll buy the first round! 🍻 <eg>
If only it was that easy... btw..... I didn't ask you.... did you, your family and property make through Ian ok?

A huge, heartfelt thank you Phil (@luvmysuper).
I received my runner up prize today, here in the UK. My first vintage razor :)
Not only was it a very, very generous gift, but that you were also willing to spend that much on the postage has left me feeling very grateful and humble.
Thank you :)

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Yes, thankfully it passed south of us. How about you? You’re further from the path, but do I remember you saying you have family down that way? I hope they made it through ok.
Our youngest son and his wife live in St. Petersburg... and her parents live in Palmetto, just off I75.... He lost part of a tree but that's all... and his in-laws were unscathed... all safe and sound. The main destruction was south of them both... man, Sanibel Island and Fort Meyers.... such devastation....

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Hello everyone! For those who prayed for me, I believe the universe heard your prayers, because my lovely gifts came in the mail today. And lets just say, Phil sent me some real treats, because he's a really nice guy! So, have a look at this first picture...

proxy.php

Ooooo, whats that, 2 cases, 2 razors, what could they be! 👀

Willy Wonka Suspense GIF

A Gillette RED Flare Tip Superspeed, I always wondered what these were like. @LRod gave these a glowing review. And knowing how mild these can get, I am so glad that Phil chose to surprise me with a RED tipped one. Cause I doubt I would have got along with the BLUE tip, too mild lol. Thanks Phil!!!
IMG_4245.JPG

I have a lot more pictures of this, and will post them when I do my review on this razor!

And presenting the piece de resistance, the Merkur 37C Slant Razor!
IMG_4253.JPG

Again, I do have more pics of this, and will post them in my official review!

The only other Merkur razor I own, is a Merkur Futur, which is a huge adjustable razor, a real heavy weight! I gotta say, when you have a 37C in person, and you can really see it up close and personal, feel the weight in your hand, gaze upon its shine and knurling, you just can't help but admire this razor! My first slant folks, I hope that I do well with this razor. Thanks again Phil for your amazing generosity, and not just to me, but for all the other's who joined the giveaway as well, you have a good heart!

PS: Honorable mention's: Phil sent me some Italian shave soap in a glass jar. Sniffing off the puck, the scent is so weak, I could barely smell anything. But it smells somewhat manly, so hopefully it ends up being a nice soap. My camera washed out the label on the soap, sorry folks, I didn't do any re-takes. Also, never heard of Super Max blades, are they any good folks? Thanks to Phil for blades inclusion.

Top Bottom