What's new

The Star Wars Holiday Special

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well, I have done acid, and while I saw some strange stuff, nothing I saw while tripping compares to the SWHS. I saw it 1 time, and that was the live broadcast.
As for the Teletubbies, someone is going to roast in the underworld for eternity for unleashing that abomination on the world.
the SWHS is about a hour and some of really bad acting.. the Teletubbies have far more....
I'm glad my daughter never was interested in them.
She was into Elmo, the dinosaur show (Not the mama), and Blues Clues.. well, my ex was into Blues Clues, as were many other moms with small kids while Steve was the 'host'.

Now I've got to see it! 🐙🐰🐬

AA

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
proxy.php

Yes....well put. And I survived the seventies, so I suppose I should just man up and watch it. I listened to "Coast to Coast AM" last night and they had a great segment of the Comiskey Park destruction of disco albums. I watched it live. I think they said it was July 12, 1979. I'm a Michigander, so as I recall, the Tigers were playing the White Sox. The host and guest talked about how it was kind of the death of disco. I do think my generation had the best music. (Lol, EVERY generation thinks that.) I think somewhere I still have the soundtrack to "Saturday Night Fever." Not a bad song on it. I learned last night that album is the second highest double album set ever, and the highest selling soundtrack. We were one MESSED UP GENERATION, but we sure had a wide variety of good enough music.

Actually, there was a study conducted 6 0r 7 years ago that concluded pop music has gotten progressively worse since the 50s.

Current pop music is formulaic. Corporate. It doesn't do tempo variations for shyte. Or chord progression. The songs are written by committee and at a 3rd grade reading level. Add to that auto-tuning and the use of computers in the place of actual people playing instruments.

No, the 60s, 70s, and a goodly portion of the 80s were the high water mark of popular music.

ff to 7:35

What's the matter?

What's the matter? I'll tell you what's the matter. I go out of my way for you. I watch your movies. I buy your toys. I even burned my copy of the holiday special just to make you happy. And what thanks do I get?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
ff to 7:35

What's the matter?

What's the matter? I'll tell you what's the matter. I go out of my way for you. I watch your movies. I buy your toys. I even burned my copy of the holiday special just to make you happy. And what thanks do I get?

That woman is one in a million! He'd better marry her.

The "Holiday Special" is not good at all.

I like the first three (IV, V & VI). "The Empire Strikes Back" is my favorite. :a45:

"Rogue One" was okay.

Didn't care for any of the others.

As an aside, Jar-Jar Binks should be illegal. Hayden Christensen isn't too far behind.

YMMV

"Rogue One" was simply a re-vamp of "The Dirty Dozen".

I bought and watched this version. Nothing like combining some folks from MST3K with the Star Wars Holiday Special. Hilariously and painfully bad.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I bought and watched this version. Nothing like combining some folks from MST3K with the Star Wars Holiday Special. Hilariously and painfully bad.
I have GOT to make time to finish that thing....ugh.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Question: what can you do with a 16mm camcorder, a christmas tree, a second-hand wookie costume, and fifty bucks?

Answer:

1609978489145.png

Legion

Staff member
I thought boba fett was the son of jango fett. Jango fett was a mandelorean and was also the basis/model/template for the clone army.
He was a clone of Jengo. Jengo gave his DNA to The Empire to make a clone army of stormtroopers. As payment he was given a clone to keep, which he raised as his son.

Nerd warning!!!!

That's why, in one of the last episodes of Mandalorian, when Bobba says Jenga was his father, the reply was "you mean your donor..."

Last edited:
Top Bottom