What's new

The Star Wars Holiday Special

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I have copies of all of them and have tried really really hard to watch them but so far have failed. But that was also true of the movie versions of the Ring Trilogy. Loved the books but simply can't get through the movies.

Yes...I've seen it. Dreadful, dreadful stuff. Pure marketing. Keep the hype up between movie releases.

Art Carney? Harvey Korman? Harvey Korman WITHOUT Tim Conway? What's the point of that?

Maude? Freakin'...Maude?

1970s variety TV style programming was just...ugh. SCTV made bank lampooning it in the 80s.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Was this like...when Telly Savales hosted the show where they looked inside the safes in the Titanic?

Watched it?
Why, I own it.
Lumpy is my favorite

podpeople.jpg

I see your Lumpy and raise you a Trumpy...from Pod People.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I remember my brother coming home from the movies all excited about the first one. Like 1976 or so? Anyway, he took me a little while after that. I loved it. I've seen it a couple times since.

I liked the one where those cute little critters were flying those motorcycle-like things through the woods. Watched that once.

I watched another one with my son from about 10 years ago. Couldn't really get into it.

I think people like my brother watched these movies with their kids, and those are the folks that are keeping this franchise alive.

I'd pay good money to see another Star Trek movie. Kirk hitting on some blue chick while Bones tries to get rid of some Tribbles in a fabulously humane way.

I just watched the first 10 minutes and it's safe to say that I won't be watching the rest.
Seeing how this special came out in existence a few years before I did probably explains why I never knew that it even existed until seeing this thread. It being horrible probably helps.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I just watched the first 10 minutes and it's safe to say that I won't be watching the rest.
Seeing how this special came out in existence a few years before I did probably explains why I never knew that it even existed until seeing this thread. It being horrible probably helps.
How did you see it? I SIMPLY MUST see this thing.

I love shtoopid stuff that takes itself seriously.

Now you know how I self-diagnosed as narcissist!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I've never even been able to sit through any of the Star Wars movies.

The "Holiday Special" is not good at all.

I like the first three (IV, V & VI). "The Empire Strikes Back" is my favorite. :a45:

"Rogue One" was okay.

Didn't care for any of the others.

As an aside, Jar-Jar Binks should be illegal. Hayden Christensen isn't too far behind.

YMMV

Ad Astra

The Instigator
How did you see it? I SIMPLY MUST see this thing.

I love shtoopid stuff that takes itself seriously.

Now you know how I self-diagnosed as narcissist!

Dave, you can just stream it from that YouTube link, I think. Says it's an hour 38. I assume it's all there...

AA

Top Bottom