What's new

The squeaky holster.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I love leather holsters, always have and recently found a brand new never used old Bucheimer PerfectFit #7. I've been using Bucheimer holsters for at least a half century and the company went out of the holster business at least two or three decades ago but for a long, long time they made holsters for many police departments, the military as well as the civilian market that just plain worked and the PerfectFit line were about my favorites. Finding a new unused one was simply not what I expected but certainly made my day.

But I had forgotten that new holsters squeak sometimes and particularly holsters that have leather on leather parts squeak.

An old Bucheimer PerfectFit B(for Black)#4 with a Colt Police Positive from 1926:
proxy.php

An old Bucheimer B#7 size with a Webley Mark IV:
proxy.php

And old Bucheimer #11 with my Dan Wesson 15-2 6" barrel:
proxy.php

The NEW Bucheimer #7 with a Colt Army Special made in 1919:
proxy.php

If I walked or stood up or sat down or put my right toe in put my right toe out put my right toe in and shake it all about... it squeaked.

Then I remembered a lesson I learn long, long, long, long ago about the wonders of Baby Powder. So I tried to buy some baby powder but it seems Talcum Powder is a controlled substance these days and all I could find was corn starch based or stuff with miracle ingredients I could not pronounce. I did finally find some vintage Johnson and Johnson Talc based powder and in an instant and just a couple shakes the squeak was gone. I'm as silent now as my daughter was after I powdered her behind.

But I have noticed new mothers looking at me and smiling. Could it be the scent?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I don't know if w
Thanks for that. I have few Milt Sparks holsters (IWB) that I love, but they do tend to squeak when I sit down or get up.
Powder your hands and massage the various pieces parts. Sprinkle liberally inside as well and then shake it all out. Remember to unsnap loops so you get all the surfaces.

Top Bottom