What's new

The Sprout 2019

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Starting to load up on the Habanero plant.

20190324_094132.jpg

20190324_094611.jpg

Kales, chards, basils and lettuces planted a bit back are all up and doing well. Today planted 46 tomato cells of 17 different varieties and used two cells for more dino kale.

file-49.jpeg
file1-39.jpeg
dave

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Lookin' good there Dave. I just plant all my lettuce directly in my raised beds. All are coming up. Peppers are not doing well, two died, and two are on their way to dying. A bunch of cold snaps effected them. Some of my micro dwarf tomato plants have fruit on them.

For the most part with lettuce/mesclun/arugula and other greens i just broadcast but iwas itching to get something started and growing a nice head is a challenge. I also wanted to see the pommegranite head as it has a red core surrounded by green.

Too bad about the peppers, you still have time for another shot or two! Good luck!

Planted a few peppers for pots again this year, last year i didn't bother.
dave

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Habanero is doing well. Made some hot sauce from the habaneros today.

20190406_084533.jpg

Yellow 7 pod is small and so far no peppers on it.

20190406_084603.jpg

20190406_084641.jpg

Nice haul again Chris!

Is it possible the Pod 7 is getting a heavy dosing of nitrogen, planted in a nitrogen mother lode. Great deep green colour says one happy unstressed plant.
dave

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Nice haul again Chris!

Is it possible the Pod 7 is getting a heavy dosing of nitrogen, planted in a nitrogen mother lode. Great deep green colour says one happy unstressed plant.
dave

It could be but I've notice the super hot are slower in every stage of growth

Very nice poblanos there Chris. Its time for a chili.

I had some in a chilli a few weeks ago. I've got about a dozen drying from the previous picking.
This lot made some lunch. Hamburger patty, sautéed onion and cheese stuffed in a poblano.

20190406_130733.jpg

The rest I charred, peeled and jarred in oil for Ron

20190406_145254.jpg

20190407_073725.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Six weeks out from planting for me. Started 96 in my trays. Cherry tomatoes, Cherokee purple tomatoes, Brandy Wine tomatoes, Cucumbers, Basil, Rosemary, and a little lettuce for munching even before planting. Raked out some of the flower beds. Still a little ice there. I was going to turn the compost heap but it is rock solid still. Things are happening soon. :)

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
4 gardens tilled up. 1 planted with green beans. Some squash and zucchini out there too. And 9 tomato plants. So far....

6212FE51-292C-434D-8577-AC52FEB355E7.jpeg

Top Bottom