What's new

The Sprout 2019

Harvested the last watermelon and cucumbers cleaned up those beds. Planted two kinds of carrot, Japanese turnip, russian red and Italian kale. Zucchini and tomatoes are almost done. i have sugar snap and snow peas, arugula and radish seeds for those beds.

I’m all wrapped up for ‘19, for the most part. There might be an indoor grow started of kale and assorted greens and herbs between now and Christmas.
Today I planted around forty cloves of garlic and flipped the compost. Two months of deadfall was broken to size and burned in the fire pit after turning the pile.
Planted and heavily mulched in were a head each of Siberian, Chesnok Red, Russian Red, Music, Elephant, Spanish Roja, Purple Glazer, and one other.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The lettuce garden is starting to produce. Kale, red lettuce, pak choy, spinach and little gem romaine are looking good. So easy to grow and completely organic. Why can't we just grow our own, even in small pots out on the back porch.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Planted in the poly tunnel a bit later this year. Getting there regardless.

20191215_141553.jpg

20191215_141617.jpg

20191215_141630.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I saved some tomato seeds, soaked them to save the good ones, and ditch the bad ones.

Then forgot them. They ALL sprouted in the cup! So I will have to put them in dirt. Somewhere. In DECEMBER IN MICHIGAN! When will I learn?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Sow it begins. This year I'm trying a new germination method (new for me). Basically its mini geraniums. The containers are for condiments. I placed a cotton round in the bottom and wet them, seeds on top. Lets see what happens with those pesky pepper seeds.
20200118_124914.jpg

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Sow it begins. This year I'm trying a new germination method (new for me). Basically its mini geraniums. The containers are for condiments. I placed a cotton round in the bottom and wet them, seeds on top. Lets see what happens with those pesky pepper seeds.
Will be interested in how this goes friend.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Great stuff guys. So glad to see you post pictures of your garden.

A very mild winter here. My salad bed is loving life. I've saved 100's of dollars planting my own stuff. Not like shaving.

I'm working on herbs, chives, basil, dill....love it all.

Top Bottom