What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2022

Today’s duty free find at the Bangkok airport. I haven’t had a bottle of this since I stopped flying to Mexico in 2017.
645CD670-BD9F-4366-A4D5-74791B736676.jpeg

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I haven't tried the BiB and will probably be cracking the 8yr either tonight or tomorrow. I’ve never been a huge Dickel fan, the Charcoal filtering just seems to take something from the bourbon. Maybe this and the BiB, both of which have won numerous awards, will change my mind.

I haven't tried the BiB and will probably be cracking the 8yr either tonight or tomorrow. I’ve never been a huge Dickel fan, the Charcoal filtering just seems to take something from the bourbon. Maybe this and the BiB, both of which have won numerous awards, will change my mind.
I liked the No.12? 90 proof well enough but something was missing. I thought a higher proof would resolve this but perhaps it’s the filtering as you said…

When I was at Party Source in Newport, KY they had some bottles of O.K.I. Reserve Batch 1 so I picked one up.

O.K.I. was a brand started by New Riff (sourced from MGP) while they were waiting for the bourbon they distilled to age enough to sell. Apparently it has returned.

I am including both front and back label pictures since this has more info on the bottle than most. It is a mix of MGPs main mashbills. Since I've had a number of MGP things I've liked a lot (Angels Envy Rye, Barrell, Whistle Pig old world rye) I figured it was worth the gamble to buy it blind.

PXL_20220828_022919500.jpg
PXL_20220828_022928022.jpg

Top Bottom