What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2021

Great find. I haven’t been able to find any type of Indian Whisk(e)y in the wild. I sampled a bunch of them at Whisky Fest in 2019 and thought they were excellent.
The story goes that due to the hot climate they age as quick as Rum and at the double speed of conventional Single Malts. The Angel‘s share is accordingly high. This is a NAS and I’m looking forward to see how well the proof is incorporated.

Put a second horse in the stable tonight. Interested to see how it compares to the Uigeadail.

View attachment 1214912
Being new to Whisk(e)y I would definitely recommend checking out the Whiskey Vault YouTube channel. If there’s a whisk(e)y you’re interested in, they have more than likely reviewed it! Also their second channel is great too the Whiskey Tribe!

Great find. I haven’t been able to find any type of Indian Whisk(e)y in the wild. I sampled a bunch of them at Whisky Fest in 2019 and thought they were excellent.
So I had a wee dram yesterday. The taste profile is nice, exotic fruits and a certain caramelish sweetness but it is a young whiskey and no super aging can mask the still rough edges. It’s a nice change of pace though.

Next bottle will be really old school, Edradour 12y standard bottling.

Of all places I found another Knob Creek 12 yr at my local grocery store. I know they’re regular production now, but still pretty damn hard to find out by me.
6B85AFAD-D27B-4786-8817-93DCFFC58C79.jpeg

I’ve never seen the Nikka Coffey gin. The Nikka Coffey grain whisky is excellent. I’ll have to keep an eye out for the gin.
It's a great gin, very clean taste with a subtle yuzu background. It makes a very good G&T but it is dangerously easy to drink(!)

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius

They were pretty easy to come by until they won a couple medals.

Being new to Whisk(e)y I would definitely recommend checking out the Whiskey Vault YouTube channel. If there’s a whisk(e)y you’re interested in, they have more than likely reviewed it! Also their second channel is great too the Whiskey Tribe!
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the recommend. I actually stumbled across their channels before deciding to jump into whiskeys.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
So I've picked up a few more bottles since my last acquisition post. Over the last few weeks, I've also picked up a Four Roses Single Barrel, a Laphroaig Quarter Cask, an Eagle Rare, and tonight I stumbled across a Baker's 107.

All four of those are winners in my book.

Top Bottom