What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2021

The Jim Beam was on sale at my local grocer for only $20 each & an additional $10 off for two. Rolling the dice but I’ve heard some decent reviews. The Jack is my first bottle of the barrel proof.
241F098C-472E-4E87-B207-A0109D40B9C9.jpeg

410C4665-74E1-41C7-BC64-BDD9B51DC280.jpeg

The Jim Beam was on sale at my local grocer for only $20 each & an additional $10 off for two. Rolling the dice but I’ve heard some decent reviews. The Jack is my first bottle of the barrel proof.
Would love to hear your thoughts on the JBDO. I'm a fan of the Woodford DO, and wouldn't mind something a little lighter on the budget.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the JBDO. I'm a fan of the Woodford DO, and wouldn't mind something a little lighter on the budget.
So far I’d say it’s underwhelming compared to Woodford DO. I will drink it down to the shoulders tonight and give it a week or two to open up before I give it a final decision. I bought it for the same reasons as you, looking for a more affordable alternative to Woodford DO. Sadly this ain’t it.
I would not call it complex, rather thin with an ok finish. It’s not bad at all especially since I only paid $13 for the bottle after instant rebate, but it is not a substitute for Woodford DO.

So far I’d say it’s underwhelming compared to Woodford DO. I will drink it down to the shoulders tonight and give it a week or two to open up before I give it a final decision. I bought it for the same reasons as you, looking for a more affordable alternative to Woodford DO. Sadly this ain’t it.
I would not call it complex, rather thin with an ok finish. It’s not bad at all especially since I only paid $13 for the bottle after instant rebate, but it is not a substitute for Woodford DO.
Opened up nicely, sweeter with a better finish. Still not Woodford DO, but pretty good for $20.

Top Bottom