What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions - 2018

proxy.php

This was soooooo good :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail, and I may have another interesting bottle incoming as long as it's actually in stock like the store's website claims.

Saw E.H. Taylor at a local shop for a pretty steep price. I passed, but it must be very good!

I was gifted a bottle of OF 100 today. My wife pointed the generous person in the right direction!

I'm in New Jersey at the moment and decided to check out one of the local liquor stores to kill some time. I browsed the scotch section and found quite a few interesting bottles, but I settled on a bottle of Ardbeg Kelpie.

Now that I know that they carry some special editions, I'll be sure to stop by whenever I'm in the area again. They also had Lagavulin Distiller's Edition, Talisker's Distiller's Edition, Laphroaig Lore, and some others that required maintaining restraint.

20 year old Ben Nevis

Sazerac Rye (6year)

Lagavulin DE 2014

Lagavulin 12

Lagavulin 16

Clynelish 14

Caol Ila 12

It was a good week.

Legion

Staff member
The wife just got back from The States, and bought me a bottle of Talisker Dark Storm duty free, which I have not seen around here. Very tasty.
DSC00346.JPG

Picked up a bottle of Redbreast 12 Cask Strength and some Guinness Blonde.

My old man and brother in law (along with spouses) are spending St Paddy's Day with me, so I thought I'd pick up some festive drinks. I prefer "normal" Guinness, but I'll be drinking whiskey all night, so I got what my father prefers. I also have some Jameson Caskmates Stout, Jameson Black Barrel, Pogues Irish Whiskey, and some Paddy's lying around. So, I may have a Irish flight tasting just for kicks.

Finally ... Spent the past 12+ months looking for Blanton's with no luck and in the past two months I've added a bottle of their Gold version and now a bottle of the Single Barrel ...

20180312_081304.jpg 20180312_081331.jpg

Top Bottom