What's new

The smoothest face I ever felt.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Most fond memories are nothing more than fleeting glimpses of the halcyon days of yore. Some do stand out clearly, as my memory of watching my father shave when I was a kid. He'd say "feel that", and I'd rub his cheek before he'd slap on some godawful aftershave.

Years later, when I started shaving, I noticed that my cheeks never felt nearly as smooth as did dad's, despite the advantage of having technologically superior tools at my disposal. Why, he didn't even have an electric, for God's sake.

I spent a helluva lot of time trying to figure out how he did it, and eventually concluded that perhaps my face just was not meant to acheive such results from shaving.

Now, of course, the answer is obvious. This hobby has not only given me a lot of pleasure, it has answered a decades old question. Dad had a super speed.

Thanks for those thoughts O- It brought back a lot to of memories of my Dads cool smooth face kissing me goodbye smelling of Old spice as he ran to catch the 640 train and the scatchy kiss hello when he returned that night with just a wiff of the Old spice and the smell of the city on him. I am lucky to have had him get me my first razor and how to use it.

After wet shaving for a year & half now, its comforting to know I discovered the secret to a great shave. I wish it had been revealed sooner in my life but at least I now know ... the secret to achieving BBS.

B&B is such a great forum. It has changed my life in so many positive ways. I am glad to have been shown through this forum that in the fast paced world in which we live, its better to slow it down & return to a simpler way of doing things, and to just slow it all down with a great shave experience :001_smile

after wet shaving for a year & half now, its comforting to know i discovered the secret to a great shave. I wish it had been revealed sooner in my life but at least i now know ... The secret to achieving bbs.

B&b is such a great forum. It has changed my life in so many positive ways. I am glad to have been shown through this forum that in the fast paced world in which we live, its better to slow it down & return to a simpler way of doing things, and to just slow it all down with a great shave experience :001_smile

+1

This brought back a fond memory for me as well. My Grandfather, a WWII vet, was the kindest man I've ever known. He went through hell and back in the war as well as when he returned home for a number of reasons.

One day, while taking me to school he said "aw crap" in the car. I asked him what was wrong...he said, "I was so busy getting you ready for school, that I forgot to shave! Feel that" he said pointing to his cheek. Naturally it was rough and stubbly.

To his dying day, Grandpa was a foil electric man. I wish he were still alive as I'd ask him what he shaved with during and immediately after the war. My guess was it was the latest Gillette. He's one of "those" guys that loved the latest gadgets.

I knew what a bbs was but not how it felt on my skin. I only dared to venture once with my mach3 atg and had irritation and burn that lasted more than the whole day. It wasn't until recently where I figured I was having such good luck wtg compared to my cartridges that I might as well try atg. Thanks to my De's and a proper lather I know what a BBS feels like on my skin.

Top Bottom