What's new

The smell of Arko (standard shaving stick soap)

Grated a bar or Arko in my bath room and both it and my room smell like it. Then I went to my living room and did some wood cleaning with Murphy's Oil. Now this has almost the same smell; not sure if that is only oil or has some soapy mixture as it has a few bubbles if you rub it. Now my whole hose smells like Arko....I wonder if I will start hallucinating, have nightmares or die of it.......
Feel free to comment if there are other substances with similar smell.
A ball of detergent soap, called Ambar Ondulado en Central America has also a similar smell, used for clothes at some houses, and for mops and cleaning towels at most houses.....

The box of 12 Arko sticks I got smells like Ivory soap. Maybe it was old and toned down but after about 5 years, the sticks I have still smell just as much as when I got them. I know a lot of guys say it smells like Citronella, which is what Williams smells like to me and I'm no fan of that. Maybe there's some variation in batches?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
As long as you don't have indoor sprinkler system that accidentally goes off, all is well!

Love me some Arko. Love their creams as well. Also have a ton of their Aftershave/Colognes, their Aftershave Balms, and one of their Aftershave Creams.

I don't get the Ivory comparison at all. But when I walk into a recently cleaned public bathroom with a fresh urinal puck, my mind is immediately drawn to Arko.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reminds me of the stuff they mopped the halls with in elementary school. It does lose some of that if you air it out for awhile.

Kinder words have never been spoken of me. Put that on my tombstone please.

I’ll make a note of that.

And then this guy reminds me of just what I reign over!

“Here lies Dave. The King of the urinal pucks. Please wash your hands after visiting. Thank you.” LOL.

I don’t get the urinal puck smell either. Arko and Williams both just smell like soap to me, just like the ivory soap I grew up with.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

Grated a bar or Arko in my bath room and both it and my room smell like it. Then I went to my living room and did some wood cleaning with Murphy's Oil. Now this has almost the same smell; not sure if that is only oil or has some soapy mixture as it has a few bubbles if you rub it. Now my whole hose smells like Arko....I wonder if I will start hallucinating, have nightmares or die of it.......
Feel free to comment if there are other substances with similar smell.
A ball of detergent soap, called Ambar Ondulado en Central America has also a similar smell, used for clothes at some houses, and for mops and cleaning towels at most houses.....

Mosquito spray..

It smells like Ivory soap, which I use, not toilet sanitizer.
I've only smelled Arko once (but never shaved with it) and I was left with the same impression. But, I did detect a much sharper underlying scent that I couldn't identify. So, I can understand why some people have mentioned urinal pucks and other janitorial supplies because some of those can sting your nose a bit.

But, the all-time best description is from an old post by @koso when he said: "This is what the Roswell aliens must have smelled like when they started to rot." :laugh:

Top Bottom