What's new

The Slickest Cream?

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Hi All -- I got a request for what I thought was a super-slick cream.....ultimately I came up with Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream and Cyril R Salter's Rose cream. I also think highly of LEA Professional and Palmolive. And I threw Godrej in there too. But what do you think is your slickest cream -- is it slick during and after the shave (i.e., residual slickness after rinsing it off)?

Looking forward to seeing what folks think.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I am a SR user so slick is the prime directive, lol. No slick, no soap!

Cheap, a 1000ml of 3P, actually an Italian soft soap. Connaught has good prices.

Middle, D. R. Harris and AoS creams are excellent. The Italian cream Atkinson’s For Gentlemen is the same superb cream as the discontinued I Coloniali Rhubarb Softening cream, but a lavender scent. If you’re in NA, Italian Barber carries the latter at good prices.

If your wallet can stand it, most of the Italian creams are tops. ABC, XPEC, AdP, Santa Maria Novella.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Hi All -- I got a request for what I thought was a super-slick cream.....ultimately I came up with Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream and Cyril R Salter's Rose cream.

Just came home from the plague zone with a twin pack of Nivea Sensitive (though it’s a gel. Yeeted from a can with propellants…) and have been known to stare at listings of Cyril R Salter (Wild Rose, anything lime/citrus, and Vetiver) imagining how they‘d smell and how well they’d soften whiskers and allow a blade pop said whiskers to Stubble Valhalla without taking skin with them.

You’ve made up my mind for tonight’s shaving cream. A thousand dankeschoens!

Haul 20 4 6.jpg

I'm more of a soap guy.....however there are two creams that for me are outstanding in every way and stand out from the rest, and they are by a massive margin, the slickest creams I've tried. In fact, their are only about 2-3 soaps that are actually slicker than these two creams.

Acqua di Parma and Santa Maria Novella are the two products I'm talking about. They are more like 'croaps' than creams. My favorite is the ADP, because its scent and SLICNESS are otherworldly, and the packaging is better (important for me).

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
There are many great options out there, but the 2 creams I'm using mostly at the moment are:

Cella Extra Extra Bio
La Toja Classic

Both have excellent slickness and do "agree" with my skin during the shave and after it.

P.S. The La Toja stick also is VERY slick.

Stephan's is brushless and the lube is phenomenal... The skin is left feeling smooth , moist and nourished.... Coconut - citrus scent ...A little goes a long way and Williamsport - Bowman Barber Supply sells this gem dirt cheap !
IMG_0008 (1).JPG

I posted this in a couple of other threads.

I absolutely love shaving. Its one of mans greatest little pleasures. I started this hobby about ten years ago when I gave up spending a fortune on rubbish cartridge razors and foam creams in a tin. In that time I have tried literally SO MANY soaps and creams, I have favorites in both categories. Today I discovered a new cream, and it simply gave me one of, if not the best shaving experiences of my life. Isn't that amazing!

My new little tub of Cella Bio arrived yesterday and I just tried it. gave my favorites like Aqua Di Parma, Santa Maria Novella, ABC and Castle Forbes a serious run for their money. Its lather, glide/slickness, cushion and after shave feel were all EASILY as good (if not better) than said favorites, and it EASILY obliterated ANY soap I have ever used, in all categories.

Holly cow and its vegan! Organic!! Filled with Aloe Vera and apparently scentless (its not) - oh my.

Simply a brilliant product. Oh, and thread worthy as it is the slickest cream OR soap I have ever used.

There are many great options out there, but the 2 creams I'm using mostly at the moment are:

Cella Extra Extra Bio
La Toja Classic

Both have excellent slickness and do "agree" with my skin during the shave and after it.

P.S. The La Toja stick also is VERY slick.

See my above post. Absolutely AMAZING cream!

Top Bottom