What's new

The Sixth and Final Razor

OK, that's a bit of a harsh statement.
What precedes this is I've finally gotten down to 6 razors I use consistently. To begin...I had, at one point, over 250 razors. Ive mentioned this before. This was finally, too much to actually manage or use in any normal shave rotation. I had razors sitting for months. So, I decided, lets get down to what I would actually use on a daily rotation.
My last razor would be a Henson Ti Aggressive. Now I have one that's being shipped to me. I loved the AL13 but always had reservations about longevity, being as how aluminum is such a soft metal. So I waited for the Titanium version to be available again. It showed up and I jumped on the opportunity. I have a drunkrusbear titanium handle I really like in a halo design, which I'm going to pair up with the Ti razor head. As soon as the razor arrives I will be posting pics and reviews.
I am seriously stoked about this as This will be the final piece for me as far as wet shaving is concerned.I will also show my final 6 once the Henson arrives.

OK, that's a bit of a harsh statement.
What precedes this is I've finally gotten down to 6 razors I use consistently. To begin...I had, at one point, over 250 razors. Ive mentioned this before. This was finally, too much to actually manage or use in any normal shave rotation. I had razors sitting for months. So, I decided, lets get down to what I would actually use on a daily rotation.
My last razor would be a Henson Ti Aggressive. Now I have one that's being shipped to me. I loved the AL13 but always had reservations about longevity, being as how aluminum is such a soft metal. So I waited for the Titanium version to be available again. It showed up and I jumped on the opportunity. I have a drunkrusbear titanium handle I really like in a halo design, which I'm going to pair up with the Ti razor head. As soon as the razor arrives I will be posting pics and reviews.
I am seriously stoked about this as This will be the final piece for me as far as wet shaving is concerned.I will also show my final 6 once the Henson arrives.
I keep promising myself that I have bought my final razor or brush, but somehow I keep buying another razor or brush. My razor buying (19 or 20 currently) has slowed, but I'm still buying new brushes, now up to four. Couldn't pass on the Ever Ready with a Bakelite handle a few weeks ago.

I keep promising myself that I have bought my final razor or brush, but somehow I keep buying another razor or brush. My razor buying (19 or 20 currently) has slowed, but I'm still buying new brushes, now up to four. Couldn't pass on the Ever Ready with a Bakelite handle a few weeks ago.
I'm lucky in that I can actually spin my own brush handles etc. So I have that area taken care of. And have a number of brushes I use regularly. As far as razors are concerned I am now down to the ones I use on a regular rotation.

Not even going to attempt that frase I have probably been to long around b&b to do that.
I shaved two weeks straight with my snmirn same blade have to open the razor to see which one probably a Gillette. And I like my other razors loaned my al13 which i like but a bit light. So nope it is the razor of this week or month

Why not Seven?
You then have a "Seven Day Set"
Because I don't shave everyday and my razor holder (test tube rack) has spaces for 6. Besides, the razors I have have been carefully vetted to provide a range of efficiency, aggressiveness, comfort and mildness.

Final?? That’s a worthy goal! :thumbup1::thumbup1:
Well, its taken me years to get there. I no longer take pleasure in displaying razors just for display sake so having a lot of razors made no sense. I found I kept going back to specific razors and that helped me to winnow down to my final 6.

Over 250 razors? Wow, I guess you've tried most vintage Gillette razors. Which ones did you like the most?
I still have a New long comb with a handle by Cooncat Bob which I really like and had a number of British aristocrats which I enjoyed. I also had various razors form Germany and France which were also enjoyed. I just got to a point where I became tired of having "display" razors and others which I just didn't shave with. The razors I have now are for the most part modern shavers which include the aforementioned Long comb, ATT Windsor, Feather AS D2, Yates hybrid SS with brass base plate, Tatara Masamune OC in black and the soon to arrive Henson Ti +++. These are going to be for the foreseeable future my "go to" razors.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Well, its taken me years to get there. I no longer take pleasure in displaying razors just for display sake so having a lot of razors made no sense. I found I kept going back to specific razors and that helped me to winnow down to my final 6.
I can appreciate your thinking. I got up to putting together six matching seven-day sets of straight razors plus my collection of odds-and-sods. Over time I whittled out four M7DS's that were not getting their fair share of use.

Top Bottom