What's new

The Sixth and Final (Presumably) Piece.

Well, the last razor has arrived.
It's the +++Ti from Henson. It just landed and I had the chance to test drive it today with one days worth of beard. I loaded up a Feather with a a couple of shaves on it and all I can say is WOW!. The AL13 is a superb razor. I just don't care for aluminum. That's just me. So I swapped the handle for a ti handle from drunkrusbear which I got online. The pic shows the way I prefer the handle to screw into the head. You can attach the head from either end of the handle but I like this configuration. A bit more weight towards the head. The +++ is definitely more aggressive than the medium AL13 head I did have. Still it's very forgiving, but efficient. Going to play around with blades a bit. I use Feathers, Voskhods, Wizamets and Polsilvers. After reading about some of the concerns about Voskhods I'll be a bit more attentive as to how they shave.
I have a feeling this razor prefers new as to blades with a few shaves on them. They supplied a tuck of Astras, which I'll admit, never served me all that well but I will toss them into the mix as well.
So that's my collection now. Like the original NHL...six teams. I have six razors...not the original six but back to a group of razors I will use on a rotational basis. I'm done with display razors and razors I don't use. This is not a criticism, just where I'm at now with shaving.
Here's a few pics of the newest and theoretically, the last razor I'll be buying...famous last words.
IMG_2121.jpeg
tempImagesJ7j7j.png
tempImageih3iqj.png

Top Bottom