What's new

The Single Edge from The Supply Comp in Texas

I am very interested in purchasing this SE razor. I am looking for any thoughts and opinions on this product? Also who makes the best injector blades?

I like mine and use it weekly. It used to be my daily driver until my collection expanded. Some find it too heavy and less maneuverable than a vintage Schick, but I don't find this to be a problem for me. You can find the Schick brand blades on Amazon and they stock these at Longs/CVS. These are sharper, but a bit more costly than the Personnas that come with the razor.

Attachments

• 20190731_135019.jpg
    20190731_135019.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I like mine and use it weekly. It used to be my daily driver until my collection expanded. Some find it too heavy and less maneuverable than a vintage Schick, but I don't find this to be a problem for me. You can find the Schick brand blades on Amazon and they stock these at Longs/CVS. These are sharper, but a bit more costly than the Personnas that come with the razor.
Thanks for the info appreciate it!

this has become my daily razor. it is very well made. Heavy and a very fine finish (I have the Jet Black model). While it doesn't shave as closely as my former razor (Merfur Futur), it does well and I suffer fewer cuts. I should note that I use the aggressive plate setting, which you need to purchase separately. As others have pointed out, the Personna blades are less expensive, but I find the Schick blades ( 7 blade pack with injector key) to provide more quality shaves before replacement is necessary. At some point I want to try the Schick Proline B-20 that need to be manually inserted. I am pretty happy with this razor. I have used many Merkurs, Gillettes, and a Charcoal Goods razor over the past 45 years and I think I will settle in with the Supply 2.0, assuming single edge blades remain available.

In my opinion, this is an underappreciated razor. I find it gives a close, comfortable shave. I use the Personna blades or the Schick Proline B-20 blades in it.

I agree. I compared the head to my Schick M3 adjustable and they are about the same size. The handle is pretty close too. In fact, my M3 is resting in the Supply stand while drying out at this moment and it fits perfectly. The Supply is much heavier and that seems to be a trend these days. Other than the weight and the somewhat unfortunate choice in company names I don't get it.

I wound up selling my Supply razor, but only because it was less efficient than a few other razors I own, even with the aggressive plate. Shaves were always close and comfortable, just not close enough for my liking. I'm sure that I could have done an additional pass, but that increases the risk of irritation and takes more time, and my Game Changer open comb and Muhle Rocca provide a closer 2 pass shave.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I sent mine back because I felt it was too heavy and not as good as my real Schick Injector. However, it is a quality made razor for sure and the company is good to deal with. Act soon if you like it as they are raising prices soon. They are also releasing an alloy (zamak?) version soon too. Presumably that will be lighter and I may try it.

I just got around to using mine finally, the only real minus I can find with the razor is the handle weight. Other than that it performed well and I got a BBS shave with a Schick II Twin blade using the 3 dot plate. No irritation either. If I can get a BBS shave using a twin blade I know for sure it will perform just as good or if not better with a single edge injector blade using this plate.

I can't speak for the 1 and 2 dot plates yet since I haven't used them thus far. Reason for adding that is if you buy this razor new you only get the 2 dot plate with it. The 1 and 3 you need to buy as set.

tl;dr: I bought the Supply for $79 (plus $39 for adjustable heads) to try it and surprisingly liked it enough to put it in a rotation with my expensive yet awesome Feather DE razor. Probably wouldn't have taken the plunge at the new price of $150.

I'm new to wet shaving and started with the Feather A2-D2 (go expensive or go home!). I saw on the forums people commenting that different razors give different shaves, so despite being happy and satisfied with my Feather, a month after starting I bought a Supply razor to try the single edge and then return it. I had never even seen a single edge razor before (that's how knew I was) so I thought it would be a good one to try.

My first shave was absolute horrid. I thought that it was a piece of ****. I tossed the blade since there was 10-pack included, and the second shave went well. It didn't shave as close as the Feather, but I had also bought the two head pack and shifted to the three dot head. The third and fourth shaves (the second and third with the new blade) went very well with the new head, and now it sits there as part of my regular rotation with my Feather.

I really like the weight (it's dense!) and feel of it. It's a well-made piece of grooming equipment. If you're used to DE shaving, you may have to change your technique a bit to get the blade angle right. I can't describe what it is, but I feel I shave a bit differently with it than with my Feather.

It's my dedicated travel razor (I travel ten days at a time about 4-5 times a week plus other shorter trips), so I can pack the Supply and - if needed - an injector pack and - if I'm feeling adventurous - the two dot head.

For the price I paid ($79 for the classic finish in what Patrick's now calling the "Edition" version), it's a keeper. On November 1 the prices are jumping significantly to $150, but includes the two adjusting shave setting heads that otherwise sell for $29 (so he's claiming the price of the actual razor is "only" going up 35%). Given I had already dropped a decent chunk of change on my wonderful Feather that I was more than happy with, I would not have gone forward with the trial.

Is it worth the $150? I have since tried the OneBlade razor (I got the trial kit just last night for the first time and got an awesome BBS with three passes), and would rather spend $150 on the Supply than $299 on the OneBlade. I liked the OneBlade shaving head but found the handle to be uncomfortable, awkward, and slippery.

Top Bottom