What's new

The Simpsons Fifty Series Appreciation Thread

Here is the full set of current production Fifty Series brushes:

$image.jpg

I could never make up my mind between the 57 and 58. And throw a Colonel into the mix, too. But I've had such bad luck with Simpsons over shedding issues that the question becomes moot. Still, I do like these three models.

Amazing lineup of 50's Bob. I just discovered this thread. I think the 50's series is seriously underrated, and I find the 59 to be one of the best Simpson handles. It is a beast, but manageable.

proxy.php

As the proud owner of this new "57" I thought it might be a good idea to shine some light on an under appreciated line of Simpsons. (I think the Classic 1 and 2 deserve more notice too but that can be another thread)

For a brush that isn't even fully broken in I'm amazed at the lather this one produces.

Any other Fifty Series owners feel like chiming in? :w00t:

i also have a 57 in Simpson's best. I find the handle very comfortable. The knot is almost as nice on my face as my Duke.
You made a wonderful choice IMO. ENJOY! :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Second re-surrection of this thread. I just got me a Duke 3 in best and I am in awe... Can anyone please comment if it´s worth to get one of these 50´s as well..? Contemplating the #58 I assume..(?) BTW I do have chubby 1 and 2- two brushes that along with the D3 really are my favourites.

Bottom line- would a "50s" provide a different feel..? Any comparisions with the chubbies and my D3 to the 50s would be much appreciated. I like the Best grading the best and have no desire to reach for other gradings. Also I face lather all the time and prefer not too much blooming if that brings any added info for your answers. Thanks!

YES INDEED! I have a Duke 2 and a 57 both in best. Similar knots and face feel but the handles are just different enough to make for a different experience. Go for it IMO.

I just ordered a 58, today, and I look forward to comparing it to my Duke 3, as I've read conflicting opinions of the density. Several have stated that the Dukes are denser, while others have stated that they have the same density.

I just ordered a 58, today, and I look forward to comparing it to my Duke 3, as I've read conflicting opinions of the density. Several have stated that the Dukes are denser, while others have stated that they have the same density.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. :popc:

Top Bottom