What's new

The Simplified Schick Automatic Razor

Gentlemen-

This was one of my scores this weekend:

The Simplified Schick Automatic Razor

proxy.php

I have cleaned it up and figured out how to work it properly, however I have a few questions.

Is this a rare razor? A sought after razor? What is the approxomite value? I think its pretty neat.

I use feather blades in my slant. Are there equivelent blades for the injector?

Thanks all-

its a C type injector razor, the loading mechanism is better then the A and B, but it still uses repeater magazines, which im not really sure on how easy they are to get ahold of, they are not usual injector loaders,

now, from what i can see, that picture is not your razor, but the picture posted for this model on safetyrazors.net, so i will asume you havent posted the bar configuration for it, as for the rarity, if its open comb, then no, its normal
if its a full guard bar, then you have a C3, which is rare,

I have two of these repeaters and they are so freekin' cool! The only blades I have are vintage so I have yet to shave with either but I do play with them every once in awhile. They are very well built machines and rarely misfire. I think I got both of mine for less than $20.00 each.

You can see the cylindrical magazine in front and the 'clip' in the right rear of the photo. I think it is neat that when you were 5 blades from being empty you'd get a brass dummy blade telling you to order more.

proxy.php

Aevum,

Can you tell which the one on the left is, closed comb or bar guard?

http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

I will post photos when I can get a chance- I believe that mine is the bar gaurd. So are you saying there are no blades availble for this? Can I somehow modify an existing injector blade?

thanks-

I will post photos when I can get a chance- I believe that mine is the bar gaurd. So are you saying there are no blades availble for this? Can I somehow modify an existing injector blade?

thanks-

You can still see these magazines on eBay once in a while. I have some spare cartridges if anyone's interested.

Pretty sure you can reload the magazine from a standard injector magazine, if you open it up.
I've not got around to trying mine yet but they look the same size to me.
John P.

Pretty sure you can reload the magazine from a standard injector magazine, if you open it up.
I've not got around to trying mine yet but they look the same size to me.
John P.

This might be true actually, but, boy, you want to be super careful with thumbling these xtra sharp blades between the mags.

Some of them (Personnas I think) pop right open, and you can grab the whole stack of them by the (not sharp) ends....
worth a shot..
John P.

Thank you cutting edge and others for the info. I think this would make one heck of a travel razor if it actually works.

Regards,

D. B.

Top Bottom