Here's a recent restore I did;

Before:

proxy.php

proxy.php

After:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than it was. Thanks for checking it out. Have a great night/day!

That looks awesome!

What did you use / how did you restore the lining on the inside of the case?

Hello, all I did was bend the trays back into shape after I removed the soiled velvet, and I cut some new pieces of velvet that I keep on hand here, then I applied some photo safe spray adhesive to the trays and placed the new velvet inside each tray one at a time. It took a little effort to get the velvet to seat inside the case, but a seam marking tool was very helpful for this part. I used construction glue to hold the trays inside the case, which I applied before I placed the trays inside the case. All in all it only took a few hours from start to finish.

R

romsitsa

The worst razor I ever gave money for:

IMG_2547.JPG IMG_2548.JPG

After a barrel swap, hammering and soldering:

IMG_2549.JPG IMG_2550.JPG IMG_2551.JPG

Adam

This is my '59 E3 Fatboy. I picked it up at a nearby antique shop last year for $8. It was crusty, had a dropped knob, and suffered from overall neglect. While there's still a lot of brassing, I was able to fix the dropped knob and shine up the remaining nickel plate as best as I could. I still need to repaint the numbers on the adjuster at some point. The next time I'm in Hobby Lobby with the wife, I'll try and remember to pick up some black Testers paint.

An excellent shaver for me, on 4.
NNYO31V - Imgur.jpg

upload_2017-8-8_10-10-37.png fp59q0q - Imgur.jpg oJ4DKIE - Imgur.jpg AyH3ix5 - Imgur.jpg Ra2MlJp - Imgur.jpg

This is my '59 E3 Fatboy. I picked it up at a nearby antique shop last year for $8. It was crusty, had a dropped knob, and suffered from overall neglect. While there's still a lot of brassing, I was able to fix the dropped knob and shine up the remaining nickel plate as best as I could. I still need to repaint the numbers on the adjuster at some point. The next time I'm in Hobby Lobby with the wife, I'll try and remember to pick up some black Testers paint.

An excellent shaver for me, on 4.
View attachment 811127
View attachment 811123 View attachment 811124 View attachment 811125 View attachment 811126 View attachment 811128
Nice one, looks a lot like the E-1 that lives in my medicine cabinet and gets used most Fridays. :thumbsup:

Nice one, looks a lot like the E-1 that lives in my medicine cabinet and gets used most Fridays. :thumbsup:
Proof positive that looks aren't everything!!

I'd love to have a nice, shiny, pristine Fatboy, but I'm not willing to pay what it would more than likely cost, unless I could find an under-priced one somewhere. I won't hold my breath, but I could get lucky again, having found a $45 Toggle. Who knows?

Proof positive that looks aren't everything!!

I'd love to have a nice, shiny, pristine Fatboy, but I'm not willing to pay what it would more than likely cost, unless I could find an under-priced one somewhere. I won't hold my breath, but I could get lucky again, having found a $45 Toggle. Who knows?
I actually have 2 that are shinier, but they don't shave any better so they stay clean and shiny. I actually just found another in worse shape so it may become my main user. Keep looking I'm sure you will find a nicer one someday. I've turned up a total of 6 wild Fatties, there not as rare as some seem to think. Still looking for my toggle though, congrats on yours.

R

romsitsa

The boxed Super adjustable from yesterday. The handle has a few bare spots and the knob has a slight drop, but it works again (was fully stuck) and the nickel plating is mint. Box and case were reglued and polished.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Adam

The boxed Super adjustable from yesterday. The handle has a few bare spots and the knob has a slight drop, but it works again (was fully stuck) and the nickel plating is mint. Box and case were reglued and polished.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Adam
That is a spectacular clean up job!!! Way to go!

I had forgotten that I posted this earlier this year, but whadaya know? I did get lucky last month at an antique festival, and found this nice cased F2 Fatboy, for only $15! The funny thing was the dealer who sold it to me, apologized for not being able to discount it any because it was under $20. I just made a face and said "Welllllll, that's OK..." No major cleaning, just a quick soak in Dawn and water to remove the a few spots of soap scum.
upload_2017-10-26_15-5-51.png

R

romsitsa

A worn nickel plated British LC New crossed my way earlier. It turned out to be a keeper so now it's silver over a thin layer of gold.

IMG_3182.JPG IMG_3198.JPG

Adam

Top Bottom