What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Did a few minor mods to the Bergara to get it fitted up right! Swapped the 1.00" rings for the extra low .92" versions. I also swapped to a 20MOA rail as I was getting some fuzziness at the top of the image at 50 yards. Talked to Athlon as was told this was to be expected
New Rings.jpg

Added zero stops aka 10mm Climax split collars to the cheek piece so that I can pull it for cleaning and NOT spend a half an hour getting it back in place. As plus the collars 24mm O.D. eliminates side to side wobble of the cheek riser which helps with my weld. Got one with bad threads so I am waiting on the replacement...
Zero Stop.jpg

All buttoned up! Don't think I can get the scope any closer to the barrel! :lol:
complete.jpg

And got the foam in the case plucked and sealed. Still have to Plastidip the bottom piece of foam and glue them together as the foam wants to come out of the case with the rifle. Annoying!!! :)
Foam.jpg

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
IMG_1937.JPG
IMG_1936.JPG
IMG_1935.JPG

Walker Razor Digital Electronic ear pro with walkie talkie accessory for use while working as a Range Safety Officer. The range had bought a few pairs for the RSOs to try out, but with Covid, we were encouraged to buy our own, so I did. The walkie talkie accessory was a separate purchase and is detachable, only about $20 on Amazon, whole package about a $100.

Last edited:
I have 2 pairs of the Walker Razors, I like them very much. They are so comfortable I've taken to wearing a pair while mowing. I leave them turned off while mowing of course.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have 2 pairs of the Walker Razors, I like them very much. They are so comfortable I've taken to wearing a pair while mowing. I leave them turned off while mowing of course.
Do you have the gel ear cushions? The above set comes standard with them, but the gel ear cushions are available for replacement on other Razors, I think for about $16 on Amazon.

I have the stock foam cushions, I planned on getting the gel ones but I find these so comfortable that I didn't bother. I will likely get the gel cushions once these get more miles on them.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
View attachment 1306382View attachment 1306384

El Paso Saddlery #88 Street Combat holster for my SIG P365. Worth the wait.

Nice. How long was the wait? I usually get stuff in about a month but that was before the virus slowdown.

They've changed up the model names. My Street Combat from the mid '90s has a thumb break. I'm guessing the retention is good and you're letting the leather stretch right now.

nikonNUT

All buttoned up!
trigger tech.jpg

Gotta say, Bergara makes it easy. The trigger pins are slip fits and come out by hand but there is zero play with the trigger installed! I think this is a good starting point but I can get it down to 3 ounces if the spirit moves me! 🤣
62743F64-DE46-49AA-9FD8-1D053C0953BA.jpeg

nikonNUT

Update: No love on going to 3 ounces... The striker spring is so strong that 1 pound is as low as she goes unless I can find a weaker spring or cut some coils which I am not a fan of doing.

Top Bottom