What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
48D09E1B-363D-485A-A116-CB1EA169ED15.jpeg

Aero Precision M5 Enhanced upper receiver finally arrived for my upcoming 6.5 Creedmoor build.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Ordered an Athlon Midas TAC, Vortex Precision Rings (.87"), and an AREA 419 Pic rail adapter for the CZ. Time to build that little dude!

Which little dude are you referring to? You know we want to see the goods when they arrive and how they're put to use!

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
And lo the silent squirrel slayer is together! Still need flip caps and a case (on the way) but feels like a solid little rig. The Midas TAC 6-24x50 (with the AREA 419 30 MOA rail) has enough dial to allow for shots to 300+ yards with a 25 yard zero. As a plus the whole setup comes in at 1450.00 (MSRP) so it is 50.00 under the cap ($1500.00 for the scope and rifle) for the PRS rimfire production class. That might be a fun thing to try this summer if ammo allows. :)
984E60BF-0DAE-4CE9-B030-84B51FF595C4.jpeg

EDIT: I need cleaning stuff too...

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
And lo the silent squirrel slayer is together! Still need flip caps and a case (on the way) but feels like a solid little rig. The Midas TAC 6-24x50 (with the AREA 419 30 MOA rail) has enough dial to allow for shots to 300+ yards with a 25 yard zero. As a plus the whole setup comes in at 1450.00 (MSRP) so it is 50.00 under the cap ($1500.00 for the scope and rifle) for the PRS rimfire production class. That might be a fun thing to try this summer if ammo allows. :)
View attachment 1231574
I have a feelin' that thing could make even me look like a good shot!

That is BEAUTIFUL my friend.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
1B231FB3-7C41-4D2A-9C46-00D2F0495D41.jpeg

AR 10 build starting to take shape. I got in a LPK sans trigger and grip, an Ergo grip and an A-2 type full length buffer tube. I should have the Magpul PRS stock in the next few days. Other parts B/O'd or waiting for available funds.

Last edited:

nikonNUT

Got some Monstrum tactical flip caps in for the CZ. While they are definitely not Tenebraex TT caps I am impressed! At $9.95 a cap they are VERY close in quality to Vortex Defender caps. Good rubber sleeves, great spring action, and the caps lay almost flat on the scope when they are open. Definitely MILES ahead of the stuff Butler Creek is putting out these days.
Monstrum.jpg

I went to the gun shop this morning to pick up some sizing wax and a few more hornady lock rings and brought this home as well.
I asked for the silver one and Ricky came back with this color, it is numbered as a silver one, but it definitely is not silver.
I liked the color so I accepted it.

20210306_150604.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I went to the gun shop this morning to pick up some sizing wax and a few more hornady lock rings and brought this home as well.
I asked for the silver one and Ricky came back with this color, it is numbered as a silver one, but it definitely is not silver.

View attachment 1232921

More like a charcoal or gun metal grey. Looks good. I went to a gun store last night about 7pm before they closed at 8pm. The had a black one and a silver one for about $209. I was going to get them, but I figured I could get them online for about $189 a piece. Then I realized, the LGS will charge me $40 or $50 to have it transferred to them. I should have just picked them up last night. :)

nikonNUT

View attachment 1232921
IF I was guessing I would say that is the Sports South Distributors exclusive. Came in Stone Gray Cerakote... On second thought it could be the Talo Distributors exclusive in Cobalt Cerakote. Juat choot' it!!!! :) Good looking revolver!

More like a charcoal or gun metal grey. Looks good. I went to a gun store last night about 7pm before they closed at 8pm. The had a black one and a silver one for about $209. I was going to get them, but I figured I could get them online for about $189 a piece. Then I realized, the LGS will charge me $40 or $50 to have it transferred to them. I should have just picked them up last night. :)
They have them in stock around here for $189.99.
I imagine they will have them near you on sale soon.

IF I was guessing I would say that is the Sports South Distributors exclusive. Came in Stone Gray Cerakote... On second thought it could be the Talo Distributors exclusive in Cobalt Cerakote. Juat choot' it!!!! :) Good looking revolver!
I agree, funny thing is box says silver and the serial number bears that out, but it sure isn't the silver like the silver one they had in the case?

nikonNUT

I agree, funny thing is box says silver and the serial number bears that out, but it sure isn't the silver like the silver one they had in the case?
Well Ruger has 3 "stock" colors and 8 distributor exclusive colors. Maybe they assign a serial number and a color to the build sheet aka the sticker on the box before they are even born and pull "x" number of them off the line to become Plum Brown, O.D. Green, Cobalt, Stone Gray, Crushed Orchid, Tungsten, Flat Dark Earth, or Midnight Bronze (love that color BTW!) after the fact? 🤷‍♂️

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

The two Silver's I have seen in person are much lighter than yours. So, you got one of the more expensive, special dealer cerakote's for the price of the basic three colors they are selling? I wouldn't mind having the OD Green one, if I didn't have to pay anymore than what you did. :)

Top Bottom