What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
...I have a 1911 Sig .45 but I think my next and last purchase for pistols will be a 1911 in 9mm.
I thought about starting a thread for recommendations but have my eye on a Colt competition in stainless, model 70.
It looks awesome and should run like a Kenyan :)
Sig makes a fine 1911 & yes, those Competition Colts certainly do look good ... the slanted slide serrations & Novak rear sights really set that pistol off. I flirted with the notion of a Competition back when I was looking at .38 Supers, but ended up with that blued 02991 - I’m still kicking myself for that move.
Are you familiar with Rock Island’s 9mm/.22 TCM combo 1911s? I picked one up & those TCM rounds are a blast (pun intended) coming out of that 5-inch barrel! Haven’t used the 9mm barrel yet and have said that I probably wouldn’t, but I really should. My nostalgic side has always held that 1911s were for .45 ACP & .38 Supers only, but wouldn’t you know that for love of the cartridge, I ended up with a 10mm a few years back. Yea, I need to give the 9mm a go.

A favorite
_D7S0007.jpg

I like it as much as my own :) Very nice.

Are you familiar with Rock Island’s 9mm/.22 TCM combo 1911s? I picked one up & those TCM rounds are a blast (pun intended) coming out of that 5-inch barrel!

I am familiar with Rock Island. I didn't know they had a combo piece.
As an extremely seasoned tradesman I am always hesitant to buy a tool that is supposed to do more than 1 thing. It does not usually compare to something built for 1 specific task.

I will look into it though.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
“...I am always hesitant to buy a tool that is supposed to do more than 1 thing. It does not usually compare to something built for 1 specific task...
I used feel the same way ... that is, until I was I was introduced to my very first M1 Carbine oiler.😉

I used to be odd when it came to 1911s, in that they had to be single-stack Colt Governments chambered in .45 ACP or .38 Super ... while I still have no use for anything but single-stack, full-size 1911s, I now appreciate non-Colts chambered in untraditional calibers. Was hesitant about the Rock Island until I took to researching what others were saying about their offerings. Though it was quite a departure from the old norm, I was finally able to pull the trigger on the purchase of a Philippine-built 22TCM/9mm 1911 by reminding myself that the 1911’s very roots stretch all the way back to the Philippine Islands & the decade-plus-long Moro Rebellion - again, 😉.

Following, is a link to a favorite Rock Island 22TCM/9mm video review...

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Upgraded my Howard Leight Impact Sport electronic muffs with these Valholl replacement ear pads. The stock pads often broke the seal if you turned your head a certain way or moved your jaw, allowing excessive noise. I have yet to use them shooting, but they are certainly WAY more comfortable and seem to provide a better seal. Pricey but worth it.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
My Tier 1 Axis Slim landed today. Loving this holster! Super comfortable and hides the stacatto P and the spare 20 round mag easy! Only thing I added was a wedge for a bit more tuck of the grip.

That's my Glock 32 on top purchased in September. The Browning Hi Power belonged to my late uncle and the Colt 32 Pocket was purchased by my grandfather for my grandmother when he left to serve in WW2.

Attachments

• IMG_3467[1].JPG
    IMG_3467[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
IMG_0223.jpg
Just got my HK45C Tactical back from Gray Guns, which received their "Reduced Reset Carry Perfection Package". For a quick testing, I emptied a few mags and I am highly impressed! Action is definitely smoother and lighter, with a shorter SA reset. To compliment the V3+4 detent plate I'd already installed, I had them replace the left-side decocker lever with an ambidextrous version (I don't trust my limited gunsmithing skills). So yea, I reeeally love this gun. Might I be an HK fanboy now? Perhaps, but there's still a lot of companies out there that pique my interest. And lastly, no, that's not rust that you see. I'm beating the snot out of this tool and the finish is wearing off, revealing a copper-colored undercoat.

I also replaced my Kahr CW380 with a PM9 and immediately threw MagGuts internals in all three mags. Even though I will always posit that 380ACP is a viable close-range defense round, I hesitated to admit to myself that 9mm is just plain cheaper to shoot and slightly more powerful. No photos of this little guy yet; it’s with a gunsmith getting a TruGlo TFX Pro installation.

I never did fire my Kimber 1911 because I just couldn't come to grips with its ergonomics, lack of fully ambi controls & double action. I might still get another 1911 for strictly backup home defense, but it’ll be a long slide 10mm. Or maybe a Glock 40, if it fits my tiny hands. I still want a suppressor so I purchased an Obsidian 45 in December of last year, just days before Virginia's elections results came out where Democrats cleaned house and now want to pass 100 years' worth of draconian gun control laws within the next few months - talk about telling California to “hold my beer". I may have to gtfo of Virginia, especially if suppressors are banned before I ever take possession of my first suppressor. I don't want to derail so I'll end my rambling here.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
You won't be far from Triple C Ranch! Great range with 2000 yards for when the itch needs scratched! Just beware of Dallas! L.A. Traffic and hotter summers. :(

Top Bottom