What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

300 Blackout Pistol with Odin Works Barrel and Vortex Spitfire etched reticle. Has a tail hook brace which really works well as an arm brace. Will eventually get an NFA stamp for an SBR.

20190522_214736.jpg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I don't think so, otherwise it wouldn't be legal, the whole idea of an arm brace and keeping it a "pistol". But once you get the SBR stamp, you can put a proper shoulder stock on it and be good to go.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I don't think so, otherwise it wouldn't be legal, the whole idea of an arm brace and keeping it a "pistol". But once you get the SBR stamp, you can put a proper shoulder stock on it and be good to go.

True, but that arm brace, already looks like it can be used as a proper stock. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The arm brace is a rule bender for sure. I'm not sure what technicality keeps it from being a stock. As soon as someone uses one in a mass shooting, it will probably go the way of bump stocks.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Just got home from picking this up.

20190613_201035.jpg

Since I didn't get the opportunity to hold a Dan Wesson 1911, I was slightly nervous about ordering one. The second my hand and fingers wrapped around the grip, I knew I had made a good decision. The front slide serrations were also another concern. I preferred the look of a smooth front portion of the slide. They're very tastefully done though. I actually like them a lot now. The gun is absolutely beautiful.

I hope to pick up some spare mags in the next week. After I find out what works, then I'll pick up a few more.

I also finally got a kydex holster and mag pouch for my P365, but you all know what a plastic holster looks like. :001_smile

OkieStubble

Beautiful 1911 Erik, congratulations! Those grips are beautiful. I agree with you on the front slide serrations very tastefully done. Don’t know if it gets any better than that. Can’t wait for your range report.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Looks great!

I think you'll thoroughly enjoy it.

Thanks! At this point, even just looking at and holding it is enjoyable.

Beautiful 1911 Erik, congratulations! Those grips are beautiful. I agree with you on the front slide serrations very tastefully done. Don’t know if it gets any better than that. Can’t wait for your range report.

Thanks, Rob! When I was waiting for it, I thought about getting some dark ebony grips for it, but I might hold off on that idea for right now. They look at lot better in person and feel great. I intend to take it to the range on Sunday or Monday.

@Claudel Xerxes, Fantastic! You'l be glad you went for all the bells and whistles! Now all you need is some leather and a bunch of Wilson magazines.

Thanks, John! I'm going to pick up a couple mags this weekend and see how they do. I might not order a holster for a couple of months, but I'm thinking about some Ryan Grizzle leather when I finally get around to it.

Pointman & Wilson worked in my Pointman/Patriot.

Thanks for the suggestion!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Oh that looks good, Erik.

I had to enlarge the pic. to make sure the rears sight wasn't a Bo-Mar.

As good a quality as Dan Wesson is the mags that came with it should work fine after a couple hundred rounds break in.

OkieStubble

Oh that looks good, Erik.

I had to enlarge the pic. to make sure the rears sight wasn't a Bo-Mar.

As good a quality as Dan Wesson is the mags that came with it should work fine after a couple hundred rounds break in.

+1 I saw that rear sight and immediately thought, Millet? Erik is taking his shooting very seriously! :)

Top Bottom