What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

Well, was I surprised today.
My neighbor greeted me in the back yard when I got home from work and said a delivery guy was knocking on my door.
He said to him - they're at work, I'll take it for them.
I wasn't expecting this for at least 2 months (backlogged usually here in Canada)
Ya babby, Too bad the Gun club is still closed for Covid. Hope it opens soon.
Fit and finish look first class, feels great in the hand.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
View attachment 1296132

The final component for my PCC.
Definitely has a different hammer profile! Ought to be a nice addition!

P.S. Hoping to add a Trigger Tech to the Bergara soon but I might go Bix and Andy as they offer multiple sears so you can tune to the ideal height on the 22. Not quite sure why but it seems important! :lol:

Last edited:

nikonNUT

Had one little vanity part show up for the Bergara. Grabbed a Wiebad Mini Stock pad for a couple of reasons. 1) It lets me drop the cheek riser a tad so that I get less left to right wobble from it being so high. 2) It is WAY more comfy with a solid cheek weld. The suede feels good against the face and the padding is like very firm memory foam. Just more gooder than hard plastic! 3) It's Wiebad! Guaranteed to reduce group sizes by half at least! :lol1: 4) It seems to get my eye in a place that is more forgiving (At least in prone) as far as head position goes. Very forgiving as far as tilting my head back and forth without getting that black half moon in the scope. I may be hallucinating and just have the rifle fitting well? I like it regardless and they got it to me in one day from Texas! Good peeps!
Weibad.jpg

Last edited:

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Quick pics. The darker one is the July 42. It has a Springfield Armory 1964 rebuild stenciled on the receiver legs. The July 45 has its original barrel with a Raritan Arsenal rebuild stamp. Both have dirty GI wood with barely legible acceptance stamps. Other than that both are typical rebuilds with different manufacturers parts. Once I have a chance to break them down more I’ll post more.
0B35CEEE-4E9D-4717-AD16-543A20E47E6F.jpeg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I bet that lighter stock would clean up nicely, perhaps even the dark one. Of course you may want to leave them "as found". Very nice acquisitions in any event!

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I bet that lighter stock would clean up nicely, perhaps even the dark one. Of course you may want to leave them "as found". Very nice acquisitions in any event!
Hopefully they’ll both clean up nicely. The darker one is mostly oil and grime. A little Murphy’s oil soap followed by some BLO and I think it’ll be fine. I have another Garand that is in a very dry, new production, CMP stock that I can experiment in with no worries if it doesn’t turn out how I want it. Now all I have to do is find time to work on them.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Not really picture worthy, but a few items for my Vortex Razor HD scope on my AR10 6.5 Creedmoor build. Vortex Flip Up Scope Caps front and rear, a bit pricey for what they are, should have been included with the scope at that price range. SwitchView magnification lever, also pricey for what it is, but worth it.

Not really picture worthy, but a few items for my Vortex Razor HD scope on my AR10 6.5 Creedmoor build. Vortex Flip Up Scope Caps front and rear, a bit pricey for what they are, should have been included with the scope at that price range. SwitchView magnification lever, also pricey for what it is, but worth it.

I'm really surprised those weren't included, I have a Strike Eagle that I put on my FN 15 Tactical ll, which isn't near the scope the Razor is and it came with caps and a throw lever. I guess they figured if you can afford a Razor, you can afford the accessories. :001_302:

nikonNUT

Vortex's sope additions are a head scratcher. The new Venom 5-25x50 has a throw lever, the Viper PST Gen II comes with nada. I guess they figure that folks getting a Razor are gonna do their own thang? I love my defender caps but, as stated, kinda pricey for the Vortex logo.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Ordered the DAA Mini Casefeeder for my 550, since they are not far from me, I hope to get it mid-end of next week. See how this one works out. Height wise it just will fit, other option, the Dillon, is too high. Should be making reloading a bit easier as I not have to take my hand off the handle, put a case in and then go back to the handle.

This has been a bit of a unicorn hunt for me. S&W 2 1/2” 686-4 7rd. Pre-lock in excellent condition. I’ve found them in the wild before, but the price never seemed to match the condition I wanted, so I waited for guns to get to their most expensive time in history before pulling the trigger 😔. Anyway, here she is next to my 66-4. It came with a nice set of combat grips, but I threw on a set that I’ve been sitting on for about 25 yrs now, price tag still on the box, $29.95
4788F8A1-0F62-4046-9143-76AC6E5E35B4.jpeg

F1C7D492-701D-47CE-8E92-40C9536108E2.jpeg
9C9C2FEE-68FD-474E-A2F8-3BA019371892.jpeg
5B27B80A-3183-460F-A063-C3F6C7F7A1AB.jpeg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
This has been a bit of a unicorn hunt for me. S&W 2 1/2” 686-4 7rd. Pre-lock in excellent condition. I’ve found them in the wild before, but the price never seemed to match the condition I wanted, so I waited for guns to get to their most expensive time in history before pulling the trigger 😔. Anyway, here she is next to my 66-4. It came with a nice set of combat grips, but I threw on a set that I’ve been sitting on for about 25 yrs now, price tag still on the box, $29.95
View attachment 1300553
View attachment 1300554
View attachment 1300555
View attachment 1300556

What is that? Like a dark Oak or Walnut? Looks great!

Top Bottom