What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@nikonNUT , very sweet STI! I can see why @OkieStubble likes it so much. Kinda easing himself away from combat tupperwear! It could be a gateway to a classic wood and steel 1911. But Rob, seriously, you need a single stack .45 ACP 1911. Eventually. Life is not complete without one (or more)!

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
@nikonNUT , very sweet STI! I can see why @OkieStubble likes it so much. Kinda easing himself away from combat tupperwear! It could be a gateway to a classic wood and steel 1911. But Rob, seriously, you need a single stack .45 ACP 1911. Eventually. Life is not complete without one (or more)!
@nortac Thank you my friend! I agree a single stack .45 is a must have but the STI in 9mm double stack is only .060" wider than my Kimber Pro. The Kimber is 1.25" across the grips and the STI is 1.310 so its a good gateway drug! :lol:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

@nortac Thank you my friend! I agree a single stack .45 is a must have but the STI in 9mm double stack is only .060" wider than my Kimber Pro. The Kimber is 1.25" across the grips and the STI is 1.310 so its a good gateway drug! :lol:

I have wanted a beautiful wood & steel Springfield .45 for a looooong time. I will have one soon. But that STI? I'd give my left test.... uhm, pinky for one. :)

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
View attachment 1046178
After reading the thread about 22 pistols, I ordered this Mark IV. Should be a plinking dream. Probably going to get a red dot.

That thing looks wicked! Very cool.

Ringing out 2019 on a high note! Been jonesing for an STI for a while so... Statacco P in 9mm.

View attachment 1048506

Happy New Year, everyone!!!

Awesome! I ran a box through my RSO's STI 9mm 1911 last year. I can't remember the model, but I'm pretty sure it was a single stack. I just remember it being a dream to shoot. I also remember having a negligent double tap because the trigger was so light, short, and smooth. I still hit the target with decent placement, but didn't intend on taking the follow up shot that quickly. Great score!

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
And one more! The Stacatto-P needed a playmate so I grabbed a Stacattto-C :D This thing absolutely disappears under a T-Shirt with the included Long's Shadow AIWB holster.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Story.

gun st.jpg

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Finally located & obtained an elusive WW2 unicorn & it only set me back $17,680 ... actually, I’m just dreaming & yes, just kidding!

Late in WW2, an order was placed with Colt for 400, blued 1911 A1s chambered in .38 Super ... said order was fulfilled & delivered in early-‘45. Twenty-four of the pistols were sent to Remington (UMC) for ammo development & testing, while the rest, destined for the OSS in the ETO, were warehoused stateside. Well, wouldn’t you know that the war ended & the 400 A1s remained warehoused until eventually finding their way, post-war, into the hands of various government officials in Europe.

Unable to afford one of those 400 unicorns, I did the next best thing & converted a recent Colt (02991) .38 Super into a distant facsimile thereof ... I replaced the horrifically long stock trigger; the grips & the flat MS housing with a late-war USGI stamped trigger; late-war Colt A1 grip panels & an arched Nighthawk MS housing. Also swapped out the stock 23# MS & sear spring with a 19# & ‘Light-Pull’ Cylinder & Slide sear spring, respectively. Lastly, I replaced the stock firing pin stop with an EGW flat-bottom stop.

Pictured below is the 02991 as purchased; below it, the conversion (perversion?) & lastly, two genuine WW2 OSS Colt .38 Super 1911A1s that unfortunately, do not reside in my safe.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Finally located & obtained an elusive WW2 unicorn & it only set me back $17,680 ... actually, I’m just dreaming & yes, just kidding!

Late in WW2, an order was placed with Colt for 400, blued 1911 A1s chambered in .38 Super ... said order was fulfilled & delivered in early-‘45. Twenty-four of the pistols were sent to Remington (UMC) for ammo development & testing, while the rest, destined for the OSS in the ETO, were warehoused stateside. Well, wouldn’t you know that the war ended & the 400 A1s remained warehoused until eventually finding their way, post-war, into the hands of various government officials in Europe.

Unable to afford one of those 400 unicorns, I did the next best thing & converted a recent Colt (02991) .38 Super into a distant facsimile thereof ... I replaced the horrifically long stock trigger; the grips & the flat MS housing with a late-war USGI stamped trigger; late-war Colt A1 grip panels & an arched Nighthawk MS housing. Also swapped out the stock 23# MS & sear spring with a 19# & ‘Light-Pull’ Cylinder & Slide sear spring, respectively. Lastly, I replaced the stock firing pin stop with an EGW flat-bottom stop.

Pictured below is the 02991 as purchased; below it, the conversion (perversion?) & lastly, two genuine WW2 OSS Colt .38 Super 1911A1s that unfortunately, do not reside in my safe.

VERY nicely done sir. Beautiful.

shoelessjoe

VERY nicely done sir. Beautiful.
Thank you, FarmerTan ... one of those OSS A1s did recently sell for nearly $18,000 so I wasn’t kidding when I said my bastardized .38 Super is as close as I’ll ever get to the real deal 😬. In truth, I never did warm up to the 02991’s appearance, so I figured, what the heck. While no one will ever mistake it for a wartime 1911A1 with its’ gaping ejection port, white dot sights, etc., etc...., I get a lot of miles out of incorporating USGI surplus components in modern 1911s. Eventually, I’m also going to add a USGI thumb safety & slide stop to the .38 Super.

On a whim, I recently picked up one SA’s new Defender Mil-Spec 1911s & just like the 02291, I gutted it & replaced many of the components with USGI A1 parts - still looking for the right type-3 wide-spur hammer & once I find that, I’ll leave the Springer be.

Below, a couple gratuitous shots of the Defender Mil-Spec

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thank you, FarmerTan ... one of those OSS A1s did recently sell for nearly $18,000 so I wasn’t kidding when I said my bastardized .38 Super is as close as I’ll ever get to the real deal 😬. In truth, I never did warm up to the 02991’s appearance, so I figured, what the heck. While no one will ever mistake it for a wartime 1911A1 with its’ gaping ejection port, white dot sights, etc., etc...., I get a lot of miles out of incorporating USGI surplus components in modern 1911s. Eventually, I’m also going to add a USGI thumb safety & slide stop to the .38 Super.

On a whim, I recently picked up one SA’s new Defender Mil-Spec 1911s & just like the 02291, I gutted it & replaced many of the components with USGI A1 parts - still looking for the right type-3 wide-spur hammer & once I find that, I’ll leave the Springer be.

That looks like a beautiful beast! If you run out of ammo I'm sure you could use it as a club.

I love 1911's.
Very nice

It sure is.

I have a 1911 Sig .45 but I think my next and last purchase for pistols will be a 1911 in 9mm.
I thought about starting a thread for recommendations but have my eye on a Colt competition in stainless, model 70.
It looks awesome and should run like a Kenyan :)

shoelessjoe

That is an awesome looking CCC Joe no doubt. Not a bad looking Glock either, but too much for my taste.
Okie, certainly not the Glock. Rather, some of what’s been done to it. As they say, there is no accounting for taste ... that said, this:

Last edited:
Top Bottom