What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I've been using strictly iron sights on my AR since I bought it new in July '18. Just under 2200 rounds. I finally decided to pick up an optic for it today. Up until a day or two ago, I was undecided between Trijicon, Aimpoint, EOTech, or Vortex and red dot or holographic. I really like the battery longevity of a red dot, but I like the field of view and 1 MOA dot of a holographic as well.

I ended up getting an EOTech EXPS2. I get discounts at my LGS for anything other than guns or ammo, so I purchased it for cheaper than the best price that I could find online. I'll hopefully be able to put it to the test in the next week or two.

View attachment 1025743

I think you will like it. Can’t wait for your report.

Picked up a 12 gauge Winchester Ranger 120 for a whopping $175 at a local gun shop. Beautiful furniture, used but not abused. Came with the deer slug barrel and a box of Remington STS Light Target shells.

There was an early 1900s Remington on the same rack for about the same price but WAY rougher.

Keep in mind these are NYS prices!
IMG_20191104_201737890_HDR.jpg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
DDB3412A-E7D1-45FA-9474-1198311B735A.jpeg

Happy (early) Birthday to me! SP101 in .327 Federal mag.

Last edited:

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Noting of the pew pew variety (That will have to wait until I can afford the Cadex Defense rifle. Soon!) but grabbed some parts for the Savage. TriggerTech AR Diamond and a set of KNS Precision Non-Rotating pins...

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Really nice, Congrats John! 4" barrel length?
4.2 in. Hope to take her out this weekend if the range is open, they're doing lead abatement of the berms this week. Definitely will have to get the Wolf spring set for this one.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
6F5B4064-A61A-44AC-919E-2D1966B7EC0F.jpeg
Pro Ears Stealth 28 electronic ear protection , sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
That's sharp!

A short one is on my wish list.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, it is! Has a nasty burr on the cylinder crane, but an easy fix. I'll take care of it after it's maiden range trip to ensure that there are no other issues with it.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I haven't used them at the range yet. The Howard Leights that I've been using get a little uncomfortable after a few hours of RSO duties.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I used the Pro Ears Stealth 28s today at the range for our weekly Range Officers match and was quite pleased. However, this was with just one shooter at a time. The real test will be when I use them next month on a busy range with multiple shooters.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I used the Pro Ears Stealth 28s today at the range for our weekly Range Officers match and was quite pleased. However, this was with just one shooter at a time. The real test will be when I use them next month on a busy range with multiple shooters.

I have been checking these out on the internet since you got them. Let us know how they do on a busy range, I’m going to see if I can find me a benevolent family member this Christmas. :)

Top Bottom