What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

I'll take a video when I get out there. I have one with the KAW Valley XL linear compensator. Does a pretty good job and adds some back pressure.
MG range test, KAW Valley XL Linear Compensator

I guess the mods aren't done working on the forum. I am not getting notifications on some followed threads. This thread is one of them. I enabled push notifications and reset the subscribe option. Hopefully I will get a notification on future posts.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Went on a bit of a bender today!

Savage MSR10 Long Range in 6.5 Creedmore...

Vortex Viper Venom PST Gen II EBC-7c MRAD scoape and mount...

And a Silencer Co. Hybrid 46 supressor. A tad nervous about this... Not the supressor but getting the muzzle brake off. It supposedly has a crush washer so hopefully not going to be a huge fight!

You can't take it with you so I'm gonna have some fun!!! :D

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Went on a bit of a bender today!

Savage MSR10 Long Range in 6.5 Creedmore...

Vortex Viper Venom PST Gen II EBC-7c MRAD scoape and mount...

And a Silencer Co. Hybrid 46 supressor. A tad nervous about this... Not the supressor but getting the muzzle brake off. It supposedly has a crush washer so hopefully not going to be a huge fight!

You can't take it with you so I'm gonna have some fun!!! :D

You've been on a roll lately! Give us some impressions when get it set up and shoot it.

3D51DF33-2AAD-470D-A7BD-2AD252ABEC65.jpeg
80EA4A3E-2627-4F85-828F-0D7D6138BCF0.jpeg

Not so much a recent acquisition as I’ve technically owned it for a while but just got it back from the Smith after a long wait.

Thats what I'm talkin about!
Fantastic.... what did you have done?
I see you took the graffiti off the slide.

Thats what I'm talkin about!
Fantastic.... what did you have done?
I see you took the graffiti off the slide.
So this gun started life as a Les Baer UTC 1.5” guarantee with some buggered up checkering. I had pretty much everything replaced the only thing still original to the gun is the frame, slide, barrel, plunger tube, and grip safety. The checkering was redone by Pete Single and the roll marks on the slide were removed by Bunker Arms. Give me a bit and I’ll post up some progress pics and the build sheet.

Here are the before pictures:
B5E18FF4-C5F8-4811-ABE0-B75CD9BCBB54.jpeg
455E421D-CBCA-4C27-9480-E85472B93B3C.jpeg

Acquired a tiny laser/light combo for under 60 bucks. Made for a pistol but should work well on my 9mm SBR upper.
Seems well built. Very bright white light (still seeing spots from looking at it, doh.). Fits under my co-witnessed RDS perfectly. Green laser beam is not blocked by the folded buis in front. The light beam is partially blocked but still illuminates the full target area nicely and gives me an idea of impact point. Was looking for a small laser/light combo and this seems to be the ticket. Will see how it holds up.
Laser/Light combo.
IMG_20191002_134151.jpg

IMG_20191002_150228.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. Is that a Pro on top?
No that is a 5 year old 403A. Still going strong on original battery. I changed it today though. The auto sleep/shake awake feature stopped working but it's good for 5+ years awake all the time. I think I like it better that way.

Btw I'm still not getting notifications on replies to my posts on B&B. Something is broken.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I've been using strictly iron sights on my AR since I bought it new in July '18. Just under 2200 rounds. I finally decided to pick up an optic for it today. Up until a day or two ago, I was undecided between Trijicon, Aimpoint, EOTech, or Vortex and red dot or holographic. I really like the battery longevity of a red dot, but I like the field of view and 1 MOA dot of a holographic as well.

I ended up getting an EOTech EXPS2. I get discounts at my LGS for anything other than guns or ammo, so I purchased it for cheaper than the best price that I could find online. I'll hopefully be able to put it to the test in the next week or two.

20191013_170307.jpg

Top Bottom