What's new

The Score! Great Outdoors Edition

A Fathers Day gift from my family.

Fenix HP15 Orange/Yellow headlamp. It's been on my want list for a while and I had kind of forgotten about it, but can't wait to use it camping:

I have a fenix flashlight. Be careful with that thing. You will blind someone if you look at them. They are like daylight.

I have a fenix flashlight. Be careful with that thing. You will blind someone if you look at them. They are like daylight.

This is my first headlamp, but I bought my wife a headlamp a couple years ago and it is pretty sweet.

I think we own about 8 Fenix Flashlights, from single AAA to 18650 rechargeable type and they are all fantastic. Very good bang for the buck, great customer service and rock solid lights.

I forgot to post these new paddles and an actual pic of our new canoe.

Nova Craft PAL in Spectra with Ash Trim:

$IMG_20140518_140713.jpg

One bent shaft, one featherlight:
$IMG_20140616_170359.jpg

Last edited:
Uh oh....another paddle (for my wife :lol:) and a new saddle and bell for my bike.

I've always used stock saddles on my bikes but splurged for a $100 Leather ergo gel seat and a new brass bell to warn people.....GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!!

$uploadfromtaptalk1404160841883.jpg

$uploadfromtaptalk1404160883299.jpg

Last edited:
New 28mm tires last week, a new bottom bracket and tune up next and I'll get them to throw on a new chain too...pretty soon, I'll have a brand new bike.

$uploadfromtaptalk1404161278671.jpg

Was given a reel mower today! The other tool is an aerator. I look forward to getting this thing up and running. I consider it to be like DE shaving vs. modern cartridge, except for my lawns. Will sure be nice to not have to wait until it's close to or over 100° to mow due to living in the city.

proxy.php

-Xander

Legion

Staff member
I picked up a higonokami pocket knife, just to check one out. What the handle lacks in ergonomics and refinement the blade makes up for. It is very cool looking laminated steel, and came extremely sharp out of the box. A lot sharper than the factory Opinel edge. I like it.

proxy.php

Was given a reel mower today! The other tool is an aerator. I look forward to getting this thing up and running. I consider it to be like DE shaving vs. modern cartridge, except for my lawns. Will sure be nice to not have to wait until it's close to or over 100° to mow due to living in the city.

proxy.php

-Xander
Cool! We used to mow the patch in back of my grandfather's house with a reel mower! It might have been 20x30 ft. I bought one when I moved into my house 20 years ago, but it does not work well with my Florida grass.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Nobody has bought anything for 7 months? :001_huh:

Absolutely not true with this crowd :laugh:

$Buck 110.jpgBuck 110 Hunter -- I had to purchase this again. Carried my original knife for 20 years and it somehow got lost due to a lot of moving around. Best knife ever!

Streamlight 88031 Protac Tactical Flashlight 2L, 260 lumens. Is supposed to arrive today. I hope it is as good as the reviews suggest.

$Streamlight 88031.png

Sweet looking canoe, very nice lines, color and trim. Best of luck and happy paddles!

Tom

Thanks, we had a great year with it and are set for another. I have de-winterized it and am ready to hit the water soon.

Picked this up last week with some tree protectors....hopefully I won't be adding crutches next week:

$5041-066_ORG00_view1_720x720.jpg $5041-067_BL000_view1_720x720.jpg

After much research, angst, gnashing of teeth and more research I finally pulled the trigger on an REI Passage 2 tent.
I went in intending to plunk for a half done 2, but was talked out of it by the salesperson :)

After much research, angst, gnashing of teeth and more research I finally pulled the trigger on an REI Passage 2 tent.
I went in intending to plunk for a half done 2, but was talked out of it by the salesperson :)
If REI is anything like MEC up here, they know there stuff and stand behind their advise. So of it doesn't work out or meet your needs, you should be able to return it based on their advise.

We have a 2 person REI tent...they are easy to assemble and well made.

If REI is anything like MEC up here, they know there stuff and stand behind their advise. So of it doesn't work out or meet your needs, you should be able to return it based on their advise.

We have a 2 person REI tent...they are easy to assemble and well made.

Unrelated to overall thread but I'm a big fan of MEC and their advice. Agree if REI is even close, they have to be good!

Top Bottom