What's new

The SCORE - August 2013!

I've acquired 5 firearms this month.

The first is my new Remington 870 Express Tactical, which can be seen in my other thread about it. I love it, so happy it followed me home hehe.

The next 4 I would love to show you guys, and get your help learning about them as well as some advice. My wifes mom just passed away and we had to clean their storage, where we found some of her Dads old guns. They held up pretty well considering their storage.

The first is a Hi Standard DM-101 .22WMR Derringer. Has a presentation box, not sure the vintage. Also not sure if it was ever fired. Neat little piece! Anything you know or can share would be appreciated!

$Derringer.jpg

Next is a Mossberg 640KS Chuckster circa 1960's in .22WMR. He needs a little TLC, some surface rust and needs a general cleaning. Action on bolt is still smooth. The scope is hazy and very difficult to get a picture through. Wood is pretty alright. I want to clean this up and make it usable, pass it down to my oldest stepson since it was his grandpas rifle. Does anyone know anything about this rifle, and what are the best ways to go about cleaning and removing the rust?

$640 Chuckster.jpg

The next is a black powder revolver. Made in Italy is all I can tell ya. I do know that we aren't interested in messing with black powder guns, so I'm going to have to figure out how to value it and sell it. I know it does not require an FFL transfer, but beyond that any advice on how to do so please let me know. Its pretty neat though in the way it's loaded and operated. And the finish is neat also, not sure if thats the blueing wearing off or intentional but its neat.

$Revolver.jpg

The last is also a black powder Kentucky musket style. This had a box that said Liberty Arms Corp Kentucky Cap & Ball .44cal and the company was from Montrose CA. Other than that, no info. Its pretty neat as well, but we're going to sell this also. You can see some of the shooting accessories there, the balls, caps and powder. Anyone a black powder guy 'round here?

$Kentucky.jpg

Thank you everyone for anything you can share with me!

Your first black powder pistol is a copy of a 1851 Colt Navy. The frame is colored by a process called case hardening. You should look into firing those two, its not that bad and is quite fun.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
There is a guy on you tube that makes cartridges out of rolling paper for that colt replica. Kinda cool.

My brother (FFL) ordered me a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec Stainless Steel 1911 in January...it arrived last week...so now I have a brand new 1911...it needs a couple hundred round put through it to get the break-in period started, but it's pretty.

Some of those Italian Cap and Ball revolvers are very well made reproductions. You should be able to find plenty of information about it online. I've got a couple and they're fun to play with but you do need to know what you're doing. A well made reproduction can surprise you with its accuracy.

My brother (FFL) ordered me a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec Stainless Steel 1911 in January...it arrived last week...so now I have a brand new 1911...it needs a couple hundred round put through it to get the break-in period started, but it's pretty.

Pictures????? Come on man!! We want to see!!!!

Top Bottom