What's new

The SCORE! 2014 Edition!

Just ordered a new bipod for my AR15. Went with the UTG Tactical Sniper height bipod (8.5-10.5"). Found it on that auction site for $26 shipped. If I don't like it, it's going on the air rifle. This one is the metal construction for real guns, not one of their airsoft grade units, always something to look for when it comes to UTG parts...

Just started the DROS on a Sig 1911 Target stainless....now the 10 day waiting period....i hate CA sometimes

What is a DROS?

DROS is the acronym for Dealer Record of Sale. It is the system used by the California Dept. of Justice wherein background checks are conducted for purchasers of firearms. It is also the method by which handgun sales registration information is obtained. Beginning January 1, 2014, rifle and shotgun purchases will be registered in CA as well.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
DROS is the acronym for Dealer Record of Sale. It is the system used by the California Dept. of Justice wherein background checks are conducted for purchasers of firearms. It is also the method by which handgun sales registration information is obtained. Beginning January 1, 2014, rifle and shotgun purchases will be registered in CA as well.

ahhh gotcha. Thanks!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
No prob...it's a stupid CA thing :(

I'm from IL. You have to apply for a FOID card (Firearm Owners Identification) through the state police before you can even buy ammo and guns. And you must present that card before you can even handle a gun at the store.
72 hour wait on handguns, 24 on rifles and shotguns.

I now live in TN. I can walk in and walk out with any gun in the amount of time it takes to ring out the sale and do a quick background check.

I'm from IL. You have to apply for a FOID card (Firearm Owners Identification) through the state police before you can even buy ammo and guns. And you must present that card before you can even handle a gun at the store.
72 hour wait on handguns, 24 on rifles and shotguns.

I now live in TN. I can walk in and walk out with any gun in the amount of time it takes to ring out the sale and do a quick background check.

in CA we also have to take a "handgun safety certificate test" which is a short 30 question multiple choice test on handgun safety to be able to purchase a handgun.

I wish I lived in a state like TN that have such awesome gun laws. I'd be shooting my new sig today! At least I'll have it for thanksgiving.

Lol, don't forget that it's 25 bucks for the handgun test too. Plus only one hand gun every 30 days. That's if it is on the CA approved handgun list...

It's a big hassle here.

Lol, don't forget that it's 25 bucks for the handgun test too. Plus only one hand gun every 30 days. That's if it is on the CA approved handgun list...

It's a big hassle here.

it really is...

and the anticipation is killlllliiiiiiinnnnnnggggg me. The best part about it all, my brother paid for it for me as an early xmas gift.

Latest acquisition, picking it up from my FFL tomorrow. Almost too pretty to carry but I'm not a safe queen kind of guy. Some VZ grips, WC mags, and 200 rounds before she'll ride on the belt every day.

$DWCCO.jpg

Just picked this up today. Shoots great. My first 1911. Has anyone else launched the guide spring cap and spent half an hour on their knees looking for it?

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1416548785.911618.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1416548785.911618.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 86
I never thought that buying powder for reloading would be something to brag about, but here I am:

Over the week of Thanksgiving I picked up a couple pounds of HS6. I hear that it's good stuff for pistol rounds, but I am loading my home cast buckshot and shotgun slugs. It's the only recipe I have for the Lee slug mold and the hulls I have.

Bass Pro Shop had quite a bit of Unique on the shelf. It's not my favorie powder as it doesn't meter the best in my powder measure, but I have used a fair amount of it to date.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Picked up a 8 lbs container of Titegroup this past Saturday, store had two and I was lucky to score the second one. The guy who walked in the store in front of me got the other one. Must have got to the store just in time. Now, I am good on powders for a while....

My latest acquisition. Now, I'm usually not into the whole "tactical" thing. But I got a really good deal on this gun, and for the longest have wanted a rifle I can just kind of "throw around". A "truck gun" if you will. So I went with this WASR-10. I have had zero issues so far. I replaced the wood stock and handguards with black synthetic, replaced the muzzle brake with one that actually works, installed a tapco retaining plate, and she cycles like butter. The only thing I have noticed with it is a very slight cant to the gas block. I'm talking 1 millimeter tops. Doesn't affect function whatsoever. I'd say this thing will last me a lifetime.
Pardon the messy bed, I've been lazy in the cleaning department lately. And SWMBO just got a new job, so we both have been slacking. :p
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418069630.683001.jpg

Exercising my freedom the right way down here in good old Alabama. 4 thirty round magazines, a semi automatic battle rifle. Get some liberals.

Last edited:
Top Bottom