What's new

The Schick Injector G...wow...just wow

I agree. Although I'm a Gillette vintage DE guy the Schick injector is what my dad used, and what I was weaned on. I still pull out my ole G once in awhile for a spin. It sure gives one heck of a smooth (and close) shave. Another classic Schick - the Krona. It still gives King G's best a run.

Indeed sir!

Brother Bentlink, I respect your view but I don't consider the Schick Injector Types E through O ugly at all. They are uniquely and eternally beautiful in the same way classic automobiles from many decades ago are beautiful.

Two of my pets would be the 1949 Schick Injector 66 G-4 with the dramatic navy colored handle, and (Surprise!) the 1973 Schick Injector L-3 "The Grip" (with the tennis racket handle).
Agreed...The Schick injectors have a definite art deco look about them

Agreed...The Schick injectors have a definite art deco look about them
That's quite a generalization although I guess you could say that about the A-G models.
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That's quite a generalization although I guess you could say that about the A-G models.

Hmmmm... based on your pic you seem to be a good guy to ask. Considering all of those injectors, how would you rank the Supply SS Injector? Technically, I own an injector (the Schick art deco looking one with patent numbers on it) but have never tried it.

Also, as a crazy side question, has anybody tried to collect on Schick's "Free Service Guaranteed Forever" policy on one?

Hmmmm... based on your pic you seem to be a good guy to ask. Considering all of those injectors, how would you rank the Supply SS Injector? Technically, I own an injector (the Schick art deco looking one with patent numbers on it) but have never tried it.

Also, as a crazy side question, has anybody tried to collect on Schick's "Free Service Guaranteed Forever" policy on one?
For most folks I think the Supply is a great razor, very smooth. If like me you prefer an aggressive razor, you may find it a bit mild, but still a keeper.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

For most folks I think the Supply is a great razor, very smooth. If like me you prefer an aggressive razor, you may find it a bit mild, but still a keeper.

Good to hear, thanks. Actually, I shy away from aggressive razors. I have some, I've used them, but I don't prefer them.

I've been considering getting my feet wet with a SE and figured an Injector was a good place to start. And if I'm going to get one, may as well get a stainless steel one! Plus, the owner of Supply seem to be a VERY responsive and accessible guy so it's a company I'd like to support. I kicked myself for not getting in on the Kickstarter but my DE's have served me so well for 30+ years I couldn't imagine getting a better shave with something else.

Thanks again,

-Mc

Do shave w that vintage Schick. You will likely be blown away by the effortless close smooth shave. YMMV but I have never found a better shaving tool than the Schick E-2.

My first Schick injector arrived in the mail yesterday. I believe it is an E type. I spent some time rehabbing it to gleaming beauty, and now I am heading off to have my first shave with it.

Top Bottom