What's new

The Schick Injector G...wow...just wow

If you have not recently tried a G series Schick injector you don't know what you're missing.

proxy.php

I owe this phenomenal shaving experience to forum member Doug K. He was gracious to send me several G series razors and blades.

I am sitting here with what feels like the smoothest, closest, cleanest shave I could ever ask for.

Thank you Doug!

The G series was a great "transition" series - not as rough or aggressive as the E type, and before they started to get mild like the I type. Congrat!

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I have an EverSharp Schick with a white handle. Does that mean it is a G series razor?

This thread is praising that razor.

Gs are great, the last of the great Schicks IMHO. But, Es are a little better, and if that last pick you posted was the one you used, it's an E. :thumbsup:

The E and G are fantastic shavers, and Jacob Schick was brilliant and/or lucky with the best shaving technology ever. They are, however, ugly in a worst of the design concepts of the 20th century way, looking like a tractor part. It's curious, since the B and C types preceding them are gorgeous, complicated contraptions that show fascinating engineering and an almost steampunk sensibility to the materials and mechanics.

Brother Bentlink, I respect your view but I don't consider the Schick Injector Types E through O ugly at all. They are uniquely and eternally beautiful in the same way classic automobiles from many decades ago are beautiful.

Two of my pets would be the 1949 Schick Injector 66 G-4 with the dramatic navy colored handle, and (Surprise!) the 1973 Schick Injector L-3 "The Grip" (with the tennis racket handle).

I agree. Although I'm a Gillette vintage DE guy the Schick injector is what my dad used, and what I was weaned on. I still pull out my ole G once in awhile for a spin. It sure gives one heck of a smooth (and close) shave. Another classic Schick - the Krona. It still gives King G's best a run.

Top Bottom