What's new

The Savings Fund Begins Today

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I'm wif ya, Tim. I'm waiting on them to screw a 4" vent rib barrel with target sights on the Cobra for a Diamondback. I like the D frame for carry.

Did a quick look on gunbroker for original Diamondbacks. $1,200 to $1,400 seems to still be about going price...for online sales.

Okay, guys. You know it is not nice to disparage someones personal choice and preference in firearms. I could go on a very long winded rant about combat tupperware and Tactical Timmy's 6 pound black rifle with 23 pounds of lights, lasers, red dots, scopes, and the kitchen sink mounted on it.

D-frame, like the Colt PPS? A mini-Python? Great idea!

AA

I think Colt needs to come up with some new ideas and modern innovation in order to stay viable in today's firearms market instead of trying to produce pistols with familiar looks and the same names of great pistols in the past.

They won't garner interest with the newer generation, or match the remembered quality of the older generation. And since the older generation is getting older and will be dying eventually, I just can't see these newer pistols with old names generating a successful venture.

Not looking to be harsh, but someone's gotta say it.

What you say is indeed the brutal truth. Colt (the firearms div.) hasn't had a novel idea since the Pocket Nine and they were sued into oblivion by Kahr on that one.

You have all the ol' geezers who ***** & moan about days of lore that are long gone. They want a 1911 like Ralph the drunken BS'er at the VFW claimed he took Iwo Jima with. :001_rolle I rarely post on the Colt Forum as so many are detached from the reality of today's marketplace. It's a great place for historical knowledge and repair questions, but as regards anything current and self defense...............welcome to 1918.

What you say is indeed the brutal truth. Colt (the firearms div.) hasn't had a novel idea since the Pocket Nine and they were sued into oblivion by Kahr on that one.

You have all the ol' geezers who ***** & moan about days of lore that are long gone. They want a 1911 like Ralph the drunken BS'er at the VFW claimed he took Iwo Jima with. :001_rolle I rarely post on the Colt Forum as so many are detached from the reality of today's marketplace. It's a great place for historical knowledge and repair questions, but as regards anything current and self defense...............welcome to 1918.

The 1911 is still the best pistol out there. It just keeps going in any condition due in part to its looseness. If it weren’t for the necessary safety, it would be my EDC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 1911 is still the best pistol out there. It just keeps going in any condition due in part to its looseness. If it weren’t for the necessary safety, it would be my EDC.

Do you still ride a horse and crap in an outhouse circa. 1911? Fly in a Fokker? Times have changed and progressed.

Would love to have a Colt in the stable, but I just can't justify the cost when I have Ruger's and Smith's that do the job for 1/2 the price.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

Even tightened and tuned they are reliable as hell.

1577832116676.png

Do you still ride a horse and crap in an outhouse circa. 1911? Fly in a Fokker? Times have changed and progressed.

I would sure as hell would fly in a Fokker, s D7 preferably, if I could! The 1911 is still a better gun right down to its sweet trigger. If it weren’t for the safety, it would be my EDC.

Did you take those wheels off if your vehicles? Talk about antiquated technology!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yeah ... We have motorboats now, but sailboats are still around.

Carry a firearm with style!

I draw the line at a matchlock, though I still want one.

AA :a39:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I would sure as hell would fly in a Fokker, s D7 preferably, if I could! The 1911 is still a better gun right down to its sweet trigger. If it weren’t for the safety, it would be my EDC.

Did you take those wheels off if your vehicles? Talk about antiquated technology!

Get with the program, Pops. Only the latest and greatest will do...nothing else will work. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom