What's new

The Savings Fund Begins Today

It's official. Word is they are in distributors' hands now. Just waiting for the 2020 SHOT Show introduction. I shudder at what the price will be, but....What Price Glory?
68A13AB5-1EA1-490C-98B6-80C812A9BB46.jpeg

Glad they’re still around. I’m not a wheel gun fan, but I have a couple, and they are pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read $1500 on another forum, but don't know if that is accurate.

I like the idea of a new Colt full size .357, but feel the same way about this one as the new Cobra and KC. I don't think Colt should have used the old names on the new guns.

I will probably buy and try one of the new Pythons to compare it to my older ones that I shoot.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Whaaaaaaaaaattttttt! :kyle1: :drool:

Wow!

Well. This will drive down the value of the spendy Pythons out there now ...

AA

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
My wife has a 4" nickel Python.

I must be a little off as I much prefer a tuned up S&W revolver and even my Dan Wesson to the Pythons. Especially since I can get three of the Smiths for what one Colt would cost.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I think Colt needs to come up with some new ideas and modern innovation in order to stay viable in today's firearms market instead of trying to produce pistols with familiar looks and the same names of great pistols in the past.

They won't garner interest with the newer generation, or match the remembered quality of the older generation. And since the older generation is getting older and will be dying eventually, I just can't see these newer pistols with old names generating a successful venture.

Not looking to be harsh, but someone's gotta say it.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I think Colt needs to come up with some new ideas and modern innovation in order to stay viable in today's firearms market instead of trying to produce pistols with familiar looks and the same names of great pistols in the past.

They won't garner interest with the newer generation, or match the remembered quality of the older generation. And since the older generation is getting older and will be dying eventually, I just can't see these newer pistols with old names generating a successful venture.

Not looking to be harsh, but someone's gotta say it.
You surely know how to make a guy feel old.
Hahaha
But as usual you are dead on!!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
It's official. Word is they are in distributors' hands now. Just waiting for the 2020 SHOT Show introduction. I shudder at what the price will be, but....What Price Glory?
View attachment 1047835

I'm wif ya, Tim. I'm waiting on them to screw a 4" vent rib barrel with target sights on the Cobra for a Diamondback. I like the D frame for carry.

Did a quick look on gunbroker for original Diamondbacks. $1,200 to $1,400 seems to still be about going price...for online sales.

I've always been a natural born trouble maker. :)

Okay, guys. You know it is not nice to disparage someones personal choice and preference in firearms. I could go on a very long winded rant about combat tupperware and Tactical Timmy's 6 pound black rifle with 23 pounds of lights, lasers, red dots, scopes, and the kitchen sink mounted on it.

OkieStubble

Okay, guys. You know it is not nice to disparage someones personal choice and preference in firearms.

You are quite correct. I'm pretty sure, I only mentioned what I think "Colt" should do. If I'm not mistaken, there was absolutely no mention or disparaging remark made of anyone's personal choice or preference in firearms, or of the actual pistol itself. I apologize in advance for that perception. I actually like the looks of the Colt revolver very much and I like revolvers in general also.

Doesn't change my opinion of what I think Colt as a company should do. Which is simply only what I posted. No other implication was intended or meant my brother.

I could go on a very long winded rant about combat tupperware and Tactical Timmy's 6 pound black rifle with 23 pounds of lights, lasers, red dots, scopes, and the kitchen sink mounted on it.

You have communicated this before, But I don't mind reading it again if you want to take the time to post it. :)

The difference between you and me my friend, is you love revolvers and hate tactical tupperware. I love tactical tupperware and I love revolvers. There is plenty enough love to go around for all kinds of firearms, we don't have to choose a side. I still have the opinion that Colt needs to create and innovate new ideas in a new product line to stay viable for the future. I didn't say they shouldn't offer revolvers.

What do you think of this Revolver Mike?

RRCHPCF340-245__90187.1545298305.jpg

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Diamondbacks are high because Colt only made them about half as long they made Pythons.

What does an older Diamondback go for these days? $12 to $1400? I would spend that kinda money on an older one for the quality and probably a newer one if the quality is the same or better?

Last edited:
I just love guns. Show me one and I’ll smile. I’m glad we have so many choices. My wife doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with getting the Burris mount that replaces the Ruger MK rear sight. It makes for a very clean, low profile install.
What does an older Diamondback go for these days? $12 to $1400? I would spend that kinda money on an older one for the quality and probably a newer one if the quality is the same or better?

That is about the starting price for a 4 or 6 " blue .38 Special. Snubs, .22 rimfire and/or nickel will bring 50% more.

Last edited:
2427F2DB-E830-4109-A338-9B61B6931B03.jpeg

Hard to beat a S&W Chief's Special. They just do everything right and have withstood the test of time while doing so.

Top Bottom