What's new

The Sandalwood Shaveoff

A very generous offer from T&H indeed. Thanks for passing it along to all of us who have been watching the shave-off from the sidelines. My order is already on its way to me -- they shipped it within 3 hours of the time I placed it.

A very generous offer from T&H indeed. Thanks for passing it along to all of us who have been watching the shave-off from the sidelines. My order is already on its way to me -- they shipped it within 3 hours of the time I placed it.
[emoji106]

I was able to try a sample of the Almond shave cream and I had a totally different experience than I did with the sandalwood. The scent made a huge difference in my perception of the cream.

Did anyone jump on T&H's offer?

I'm going to, but I'm still trying to figure out which scents to get. I'm waiting on some more samples to arrive.

I was lucky enough to get most of a sampler set during a trade about 2 weeks after the shaveoff ended. :)

The samples is the least part of the deal. In fact, I'm needing to acquire samples in order to know what to order, lol. The 15% off is the real deal. You rarely see discounts on this stuff.

Hi All:

i just just wanted to take the time to say thanks to Fordfather, and the folks at T&H and TOBS, for allowing me to participate in this great event. I plan on continuing to explore the fine products from these terrific brands in the future.

I'm a PIF recipient ... Thanks tankerjohn!

I decided to run the same comparison (more or less) I will do 4 shaves with the TOBS ... I will then do 4 shaves with the T&H. Right now I am 2 shaves in of the TOBS - nothing to compare to yet.

Before shaving, I like the scent better of the T&H.

I will write a review and post it here when I have 4 of each.

My review will likely start out ... "You know how some folks can't tell the difference between Old Milwaukee and Stella Artois? Others can't taste the difference between a fine single malt and a cheap blended scotch? Well - my palate for soaps and creams is not yet that refined - but I'll do the best I can."

Did anyone jump on T&H's offer?

I'm going to, but I'm still trying to figure out which scents to get.
+1

I was going to buy DR Harris or Castle Forbes next, but the reviews in this thread combined with the very generous offer AND sample potential have just changed my mind. I'm getting T&H next.

Question for TOBS shavers who have also used T&H: my favorite TOBS scent is Jermyn St, and I've smelled nearly all of them. Which of these two T&H scents is more like Jermyn St - 1805 or Trafalgar? I'm trying to guess which I'll like more, since I'm planning on ordering a tub.

Last edited:

+1

I was going to buy DR Harris or Castle Forbes next, but the reviews in this thread combined with the very generous offer AND sample potential have just changed my mind. I'm getting T&H next.

Question for TOBS shavers who have also used T&H: my favorite TOBS scent is Jermyn St, and I've smelled nearly all of them. Which of these two T&H scents is more like Jermyn St - 1805 or Trafalgar? I'm trying to guess which I'll like more, since I'm planning on ordering a tub.
If you like the patchouli in Jermyn Street, then T&H Grafton might be more to your liking. I've got a bottle of 1805 Cologne on the way, cause I like the Cream scent so much. Trafalgar is my second favorite scent from T&H. 1805 and Trafalgar are both winners, though.

Top Bottom