What's new

The "S-knot" Purple Heart and Cocobolo

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I transplanted a Omega S-brush knot into a Handle that I started
almost a year ago.
Purple Heart and Cocobolo end grain. no wood stain or wood dye was used ,all natural color .
It is for some guy that likes Green Eggs and Ham.
2-SWR_2808.JPG

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Stunning as usual my friend.

One thing I like about B&B is I get to live vicariously through the wood turners here. I haven't attempted it since shop class in hi skool, but I still watch that guy on PBS that only uses old pre electric tools. Ever watch him pump that foot powered lathe? Amazing to me. So thanks @Graydog for the education on species of wood. I burn wood for heat, now I have a friend who supplies most of it, but I've heated with wood, out of my woods, since I was like 12 years old, almost exclusively dead fall. I figure it's paid for my house, heating with wood.

Love that brush. You certainly have a good eye for mixing woods. I haven't worked with purple heart but have made some pens and bottle stoppers out of cocobolo. It's a pleasant wood to work with. Now I'm gonna have to see if I have a big enough chunk of cocobolo for a brush handle. You certainly inspire me.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Steve is truly very talented, not only with being able to turn wood, but with an eye to complementary grains and colours.

Steve that may be your best yet. Your finishes... man... what a nice job. Be proud of this one. The woods are a beautiful compliment to each other and the shape is very pleasing to the eye. Well done sir!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Steve that may be your best yet. Your finishes... man... what a nice job. Be proud of this one. The woods are a beautiful compliment to each other and the shape is very pleasing to the eye. Well done sir!

Thanks Jay :)
How do you like the name "S kNot Brush "
Steve is truly very talented, not only with being able to turn wood, but with an eye to complementary grains and colours.

Thanks Sam for the kind words

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Beautiful brush. Those colours are stunning.
Thanks , The Purple Heart brings something to it for sure
It really looks great in person . hard to photograph the Chatoyancy of the wood ,The Endgrain Cocobolo is just amazing .

Top Bottom