What's new

The rolls of rolls Royce

Hi lady’s and gents has anyone here restored a rolls se iv been thinking about getting one but was unsure of the restoration process. The thing for me is am I going to be able get it truely clean as I wouldnt have a clue who had it prior and is it possible to replace the leather strop section in the case lid. If you guys have any I’d love to see photos. And learn about the process.

I've disassembled and refurbished several Rolls sets.

Search Youtube for "Rolls Razor - Straight Razor on a Stick".

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Hi lady’s and gents has anyone here restored a rolls se iv been thinking about getting one but was unsure of the restoration process. The thing for me is am I going to be able get it truely clean as I wouldnt have a clue who had it prior and is it possible to replace the leather strop section in the case lid. If you guys have any I’d love to see photos. And learn about the process.

The strop is fairly simple to replace. A piece of 6oz to 8oz veg tanned cowhide will work, I think. The hard part is replacing a cracked hone.

BTW I have used a Rolls quite a bit, though not recently. I may even have a rolls, still. I did not like shaving off the in-the-lid hone or strop. I made a tool for holding the blade and honing/stropping on the same media I use for straight razors. Actually at the time I was living on my boat, which was fiberglass, and small, so I had no place to do any welding and I had one of our local welders make this up with the two parts I supplied and my specs. It worked pretty good. Of course you can also just slide the blade across hone or strop with your fingertips. Anyway here is the link to a thread where I showed off this handy bit of gear. I am pretty sure I tossed it some time back due to lack of interest in shaving with the Rolls but you can make one easily enough. If you can't weld, braze it.

Top Bottom