What's new

The ROCKWELL 6s Razor Tour Pass-Around.....

Update:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-chaturvedi11 (completed)
-gvw755 (completed)
-Hoka Hey (completed)
-DCRIII (completed)
-Head-shaver (completed)
-Sdm84 (completed)
-bobmsp (completed)
-gwsmallwood (completed)
-Rory1262 (completed)
-ozarkedger (completed)
-lancre (completed)
-BigSpivito (completed)
-Gdawgs (completed)
-meanpr (completed)
-Johnnynroy (completed)
-himself62 (completed)
-valthun (completed-shipped)
-danlaw (in transit too)
-Cg006 (on deck)
-ShavePastor (in the hole)
-03Jarhead
-captnronfl

Just got 2 more member requests, @03Jarhead & @captnronfl. They have been added to the tour. If there is interest, it will keep going.

Get your shave on Gents.......

Update:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-gvw755 (completed)
-Hoka Hey (completed)
-DCRIII (completed)
-Head-shaver (completed)
-Sdm84 (completed)
-bobmsp (completed)
-gwsmallwood (completed)
-Rory1262 (completed)
-ozarkedger (completed)
-lancre (completed)
-BigSpivito (completed)
-Gdawgs (completed)
-meanpr (completed)
-Johnnynroy (completed)
-himself62 (completed)
-valthun (completed-shipped)
-danlaw (in transit too)
-Cg006 (on deck)
-ShavePastor (in the hole)
-03Jarhead
-captnronfl
-scarver

Another member added to the list, @scarver.

Any updates on the razor and it's whereabouts? Just asking, has been silent for more than a week with no confirmation if the razor has been received and if the next person in line has started their trial. Info on at least confirming that the razor and it's contents arrived safely would be much appreciated. Let's keep those waiting informed and in the loop so that all can get an idea of projected arrival time for those participating. Informational "Black Holes" are bound to happen, especially during the holidays, but let's be considerate for those that are waiting.

Get your shave on Gents.......

Still out of town but my friend is also trying this razor in my absence.

Lorenzo tried his first shave with it Saturday using a fresh Astra SP. His first try was with plate 1 and his comment was: "...this plate should be labeled: if you have an 8 year old son wanting to imitate his father shaving, give him this as it won't cut anything at all - haha!". He progressed to plate 2 and commented: "...this one should be labeled: if you want to remove lather without using water as it too cuts nothing - haha!". Plate three was his third and last attempt of the night with his comment being that: "...with multiple passes and a lot of effort one might be able to get a decent shave.". He will try plates 4,5 and 6 tonight relaying comments come the dawn.

I should be back in town later this week and will try to knock out a few shaves over the weekend.

So friend had another shave. He decided to use 3 plate from beginning to end with astra blade. His response was being rid of the first 2 milder base plates clarified matters. Having performed a 3 pass shave he felt it was adequate for dfs that might last a day. However, under no circumstances would he consider using it again. He will be shaving tonight with the 4 plate and reporting thereafter.

So friend had another shave. He decided to use 3 plate from beginning to end with astra blade. His response was being rid of the first 2 milder base plates clarified matters. Having performed a 3 pass shave he felt it was adequate for dfs that might last a day. However, under no circumstances would he consider using it again. He will be shaving tonight with the 4 plate and reporting thereafter.
Any updates? Shaves? Did it ship to the next member in line?

Friend's final two shaves: He has settled on a 5 plate using an Astra blade or a 4 plate using a Feather.

His feedback is that for better or worse, this razor is a good purchase for somebody new to DE, unsure of how aggressive a shave they desire: the bad is he finds the build quality substantially subpar to ATT, Timeless&c and the price relatively high given the quality of manufacture. Certainly he feels an experienced shaver willing to step up in price from a good razor at a lower price point such as Merkur, Parker&c would be better served spending the extra $75 and getting a much better quality product with the aggressiveness they desire already known.

Was going to try this myself but as he had it so long, sending to next in line which will be PMed for shipping instruction today. Thank you for this pass around, it really educated a shaver without a lot of experience using different razors regarding aggressiveness. Thanks to all in line for their patience but he really wanted to give a complete test and feedback for this endeavor as well as his own edification.

Gonna give this handle a first go tomorrow (arrived Friday 12/8 to my job and i had to take a sick day, so i didn't get my hands on it until yesterday monday). This thing is like a tank! Feels as solid as my ATT Slant. Love the heavy feel. :)
Reminds me of the quote from Snatch "Weight it good. Weight is reliable."

Last edited:
Alright so i went ahead and used it tonight.
I am currently using the following items:
PolSilvers
Prorasso Sensitive Skin cream (alternating this with trumpers coconut)
Parker Silvertip brush
Trumpers Limes facefood
I actually had not showered (always prefer to shave afterwards)but i just did a quick prep washing my face with soap and warm water and went for it. I wanted to take my sweet time.

Again... i love the weight of this handle. It is pretty beastly. Having 6 plates to choose from is pretty awesome. I kinda compared it to my ATT Slant and settled on starting at plate #5

I got to say the shave was excellent. I could feel the blade latching on to the whiskers and from time to time it just made this beautiful sound when its cutting. For my first 2 (WTG,XTG) passes i could feel the blade chopping off all the hairs. It was great!!!

As other may have mentioned; i had to take my time over the mustache area due to the handled head tip being on the larger side. Since this is the first time using this plate #5 i was also being overly cautious not to cut myself.

For the final pass ATG it was also very smooth. I tend to have sensitive skin issues with this and had stopped doing this pass for a while but i went along with it. Overall it was really good! I got about 97% of all thew hairs. I always have issues under the neck. My hair grows in too many different directions.

Overall i am very pleased with this. I did not have to offer any blood sacrifices on this first trial. Just felt a bit of a mild burn in some areas mainly because i made alot of passes to try to buff out zones i missed. Great razor thus far. I think i may try plate#6 next time. lol

Finished the shave with some Trumpers Limes aftershave. Feeling awesome. Face is really smooth and i dont feel any burning sensation or stinging. Under the neck in some areas i can feel some of the hairs when spot checking but its not worth the increased chances of irritation. I gave up trying to 100% the neck area. :)

Updated list:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-gvw755 (completed)
-Hoka Hey (completed)
-DCRIII (completed)
-Head-shaver (completed)
-Sdm84 (completed)
-bobmsp (completed)
-gwsmallwood (completed)
-Rory1262 (completed)
-ozarkedger (completed)
-lancre (completed)
-BigSpivito (completed)
-Gdawgs (completed)
-meanpr (completed)
-Johnnynroy (completed)
-himself62 (completed)
-valthun (completed)
-danlaw (Completed)
-Cg006 (in hand testing)
-ShavePastor (on deck)
-03Jarhead (in the hole)
-captnronfl
-scarver

Keep the reviews and thoughts coming Gents. Shave on.....

Alright so i went ahead and used it tonight.
I am currently using the following items:
PolSilvers
Prorasso Sensitive Skin cream (alternating this with trumpers coconut)
Parker Silvertip brush
Trumpers Limes facefood
I actually had not showered (always prefer to shave afterwards)but i just did a quick prep washing my face with soap and warm water and went for it. I wanted to take my sweet time.

Again... i love the weight of this handle. It is pretty beastly. Having 6 plates to choose from is pretty awesome. I kinda compared it to my ATT Slant and settled on starting at plate #5

I got to say the shave was excellent. I could feel the blade latching on to the whiskers and from time to time it just made this beautiful sound when its cutting. For my first 2 (WTG,XTG) passes i could feel the blade chopping off all the hairs. It was great!!!

As other may have mentioned; i had to take my time over the mustache area due to the handled head tip being on the larger side. Since this is the first time using this plate #5 i was also being overly cautious not to cut myself.

For the final pass ATG it was also very smooth. I tend to have sensitive skin issues with this and had stopped doing this pass for a while but i went along with it. Overall it was really good! I got about 97% of all thew hairs. I always have issues under the neck. My hair grows in too many different directions.

Overall i am very pleased with this. I did not have to offer any blood sacrifices on this first trial. Just felt a bit of a mild burn in some areas mainly because i made alot of passes to try to buff out zones i missed. Great razor thus far. I think i may try plate#6 next time. lol

Finished the shave with some Trumpers Limes aftershave. Feeling awesome. Face is really smooth and i dont feel any burning sensation or stinging. Under the neck in some areas i can feel some of the hairs when spot checking but its not worth the increased chances of irritation. I gave up trying to 100% the neck area. :)
Any further updates? Have you gotten any more shaves in with it? Or have you passed it onto the next participant?

I wlll be shipping it to the next person this Monday.

I went for a smooth shave again yesterday . Decided to go with plate #6 this time. I felt i got an even better shave this time. Only a minor weeper under the neck (hair grows sideways and i get bumps). The Shave again was excellent. Was able to hit about 98% on this shave. Very few little hairs that i missed. I really liked this razor. Seems for my face/hair type the higher blade exposure makes it easier getting a bbs. Going against the grain using plate 6 vs 5 was much more easier on my face. I kinda dread doing BBS since it always bothers me.

I am considering possibly picking one up. I really like the build quality. I don’t have any need for all the other plates but #6 was really good cutting all those hairs. In 2 shaves i am starting to like it more than the ATT Slant. I need to try more BBS shaves with the slant now to decide what to do. I may end up selling the ATT Slant lol.

I really liked this razor. The price and build was very solid. I will probably get one more shave in tomorrow in the morning before sending it out. Thanks again for the opportunity to try it out myself for a week or so [emoji4]

For this shave i used :
PolSilver Blade (i love these blades)
Trumps Coconut Cream
Trumps Lime after shave
Parker Silvertip brush

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Checking it Rockwell’s site. The 6C looks like a great buy...maybe i will pick one up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just wanted to pop in and say I am impressed with the honesty and integrity of all members on the list so far. Amazing to have had the razor take the journey it has had, giving each with a stellar opportunity to experience the razor.

Bravo @GlazedBoker! I applaud you all!

Checking it Rockwell’s site. The 6C looks like a great buy...maybe i will pick one up :)

I bought the 6C after trying out the 6S because I was so impressed with the S, and everyone said the C is as good as the S. I'm in the minority, but I haven't been impressed with the C. The first one I got stripped out(the internal threads in the handle) when I changed out the first blade I used. They quickly replaced it with a new one. On the second one, the plates do not align well with the head, so I have to press them on, then they are quite difficult to take off again. And, I do not get nearly as good of a shave as I did with the S. I could get a BBS with the S, but still haven't got one with the C. The S was also more comfortable. I get more irritation with the C.

I bought the 6C after trying out the 6S because I was so impressed with the S, and everyone said the C is as good as the S. I'm in the minority, but I haven't been impressed with the C. The first one I got stripped out(the internal threads in the handle) when I changed out the first blade I used. They quickly replaced it with a new one. On the second one, the plates do not align well with the head, so I have to press them on, then they are quite difficult to take off again. And, I do not get nearly as good of a shave as I did with the S. I could get a BBS with the S, but still haven't got one with the C. The S was also more comfortable. I get more irritation with the C.

Thanks for the input. I may consider the 6s then. It’s a tank!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom