What's new

The ROCKWELL 6s Razor Tour Pass-Around.....

So my good friend just bought the 6s and he's going to let me give it a spin. Could you kindly remove me from the list good sir?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

@GlazedBoker, may I please join up, too? Reading the reviews and a couple of other threads have me seriously considering this razor. Would love to try it.

Will do my friend. Will update the list shortly.

So my good friend just bought the 6s and he's going to let me give it a spin. Could you kindly remove me from the list good sir?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Thanks for the info and enjoy the shaves....:001_cool:

Updated list:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-chaturvedi11 (completed)
-gvw755 (completed)
-Hoka Hey (completed)
-DCRIII (completed)
-Head-shaver (completed)
-Sdm84 (completed)
-bobmsp (completed)
-gwsmallwood (completed)
-Rory1262 (completed)
-ozarkedger (completed)
-lancre (completed)
-BigSpivito (completed)
-Gdawgs (completed)
-meanpr (completed)
-Johnnynroy (completed)
-himself62 (completed)
-valthun (completed)
-danlaw (Completed)
-Cg006 (completed)
-ShavePastor (completed)
-03Jarhead (completed)
-captnronfl (In hand testing)
-Griever (on deck)
-jldallas (in the hole)
-Dfoulk
-Heron
-kxthor
-CrawdaddyKy
-Trent in WA
-Greydog
-scarver
-Grundi

As per his request @redslayer8585 has been removed from the tour. But, @Grundi has been added to the tour list. Get your shaves on Gents....:shaving:

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Updated list:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-gvw755 (completed)
-Hoka Hey (completed)
-DCRIII (completed)
-Head-shaver (completed)
-Sdm84 (completed)
-bobmsp (completed)
-gwsmallwood (completed)
-Rory1262 (completed)
-ozarkedger (completed)
-lancre (completed)
-BigSpivito (completed)
-Gdawgs (completed)
-meanpr (completed)
-Johnnynroy (completed)
-himself62 (completed)
-valthun (completed)
-danlaw (Completed)
-Cg006 (completed)
-ShavePastor (completed)
-03Jarhead (completed)
-captnronfl (In hand testing)
-Griever (on deck)
-jldallas (in the hole)
-Dfoulk
-Heron
-kxthor
-CrawdaddyKy
-Trent in WA
-Greydog
-scarver
-Grundi

As per his request @redslayer8585 has been removed from the tour. But, @Grundi has been added to the tour list. Get your shaves on Gents....:shaving:

Graydog

My last shave with the Rockwell6s was fantastic.
Still using the same blade and Mudder Focker soap.
Two pass for a BBS
Started off with the no 3 plate then switched to the no 6 plate
I think if I had still had it for tomorrows shave I would start it out on the no 4 plate and go to the no 6 plate.
This is a wonderful razor.
It is very versatile
If I had let my beard grow out I could have started it out on a lower no plate then moved up to higher plates
I never got any cuts or weepers with it and I never felt like it caused me any irritation.
I would definitely recommend this razor to both newbies and season shavers.
This is a razor that should work with most people except for those that like a more aggressive razor.
I did think for my last shave with it that a no 7 plate would be interesting to try.
It is floating in my mind to buy a Rockwell 6c to replace all my DE razors.
I am going to shave with my Merkur Futur Clone tomorrow to make that decision.
Still not having tried out the Rockwell 6c if I do decide to buy a new DE razor the 6s is still in contention.
Right now my everyday driver is The Phoenix Prismatic Safety Razor.
It gives me a three pass with clean up BBS shave.
True my Futur Clone will do more and give me an even closer shave, I like not having to mess with the razor.
Lots for me to think about.
With my birthday coming up next month there is a conflict with me swearing off buying any new razors until I get back home from Australia in May.
That's when I will start my den clearing in earnest.
I found a really nice 1901 Gem Junior that I would like to have.
That was going to be my birthday gift to me.
For me the Gem blades don't work so well.
I have never been able to get the angle of the blade right even with shims.
There is a real struggle here for me.
It is my holy grail razor even though i wouldn't shave with it too often.
Snap "d a r n" RAD.
What to do.... what to do.
Well maybe tomorrows shave will help me decide.
I am keeping my fingers cross
Thanks Gus for this pass around
I would definitely buy one if I wasn't thinning out the den etc and still might.

My apologies on my first impressions review, I've been running around all weekend and didn't even shave until this morning. I recently purchased a Fatip Grande and love it so I figured I'd like the higher levels of the 6S, but I wanted to start low anyway and work it through.

I started off my shave this morning with the number 2 side. It was getting along just fine but it was kind of slow going against a couple days worth of growth so I quickly flipped it over to the 4 side. Talk about night and day difference. It mowed right through with ease.

I'm struggling to find negatives with the razor. I really like the weight and feel of it, it looks great and it has a nice size handle. The 2 (and I'm assuming 1) side my be a little too mild but that would be personal taste, not the razor. It seems like it's a little on the bulky side when you assemble it which I could see as a negative for some. I personally enjoyed that as well.

I think I'm going to take it for a spin with the 5 and 6 tomorrow, then I'll get it in the mail to jldallas

Hey guys, what's up? After reading several of your reviews I asked to be a part of this tour. Gus, graceiously accepted and now I have some questions before the razor gets to me.

I have never shaved with a DE razor, I have been using soaps/creams and brushes for a year or two now and I am doing ok with my lathers, some recent soaps have helped in the slickness area. But I'm curious about shaving with this type of razor. I know your supposed to use no pressure (seems really hard to me) and certain blades are supposed to be different. I'm posting this here because I'm seeking info for this specific razor, what blades should I start out with and on which setting (1 or 2 I'm guessing because they are mild.) I'm thinking of ordering a blade sampler pack from amazon before the razor gets to me just so I have an idea of what to use. If you all don't mind give me some options with good newbie friendly blades. Thanks a bunch.

Updated list:

Rockwell 6s US Tour

-gvw755 (completed)
-Hoka Hey (completed)
-DCRIII (completed)
-Head-shaver (completed)
-Sdm84 (completed)
-bobmsp (completed)
-gwsmallwood (completed)
-Rory1262 (completed)
-ozarkedger (completed)
-lancre (completed)
-BigSpivito (completed)
-Gdawgs (completed)
-meanpr (completed)
-Johnnynroy (completed)
-himself62 (completed)
-valthun (completed)
-danlaw (Completed)
-Cg006 (completed)
-ShavePastor (completed)
-03Jarhead (completed)
-captnronfl (completed)
-Griever (in hand testing)
-jldallas (on deck)
-Dfoulk (in the hole)
-Heron
-kxthor
-CrawdaddyKy
-Trent in WA
-Graydog
-scarver
-Grundi
-Cut Throat

Another member added to the list @Cut Throat.
Keep those shave reports coming in Gents...... Get your shave on! :shaving:

I've sent the razor on its way this morning after running the 5 and 6 base through the paces last night. I was pleasantly surprise at the performance of it, I didn't Havre a single nick or scratch which is better than I can say for my other razors the first time I ever used them.

I did have some difficulty getting at a few whiskers directly under my nose with the 6 plate. I'm sure with enough use I'd get it down no problem. Thank you @GlazedBoker for giving me the chance to try out this razor

But I'm curious about shaving with this type of razor. I know your supposed to use no pressure (seems really hard to me) and certain blades are supposed to be different. I'm posting this here because I'm seeking info for this specific razor, what blades should I start out with and on which setting (1 or 2 I'm guessing because they are mild.) I'm thinking of ordering a blade sampler pack from amazon before the razor gets to me just so I have an idea of what to use. If you all don't mind give me some options with good newbie friendly blades. Thanks a bunch.

There should be a number of different blade options already in the package. As they are usually being refreshed by each person in-line. The key is to find the sharpest blades and the best reviewed blades and try those. A lot of people prefer the Feather, as well as the Gillette Platinum and Silver Blue. So if you can grab a sample pack with a pack of each plus a few others you should be good.
I too started with brush and soap before moving on to a DE. So you are in good company. As far as the different plates, the smaller the number the more mild the razor will be. Watch a few videos to get a good idea on angle and again you should be fine. I really enjoyed this razor with almost any blade I put in it.

Received the razor today and had my first save with it and my normal GSB.

I'll do a complete review very soon, but let me say that the first was great.

That 20% off deal (VDAY20 discount code) was too good to pass up. Please remove me from the list and thanks for making this passaround possible, Gus.

Top Bottom