What's new

The Return of RazoRocktober!

Like yesterday, I used Don Marco today. It's a cool morning here in Los Angeles, so I used my scuttle (DB 1.5). The RazoRock stood up to the warmth without losing anything. Great lather once again! I used the same razor/blade as yesterday and lathered with my SOC boar. Finished off with some 4711 aftershave, which continues to grow on me!

I've been using the same setup since day 3 (almost). The only change has been switching from a Wilkinson blade to an Astra SP.
RazoRoctober shaves on days 3 through 8.

RR Coconut bar soap for shower
RR Little Bastone razor

RR Moroccan Secret Shaving soap
WSP Chubby brush
Clubman Special or Lucky Tiger

I might try a different soap and aftershave tomorrow. Great shaves every day!

RazoRocktober 8 - SOTD:

Razor:
RazoRock SLAB
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Edwin Jagger 1EJ872
Soap/Cream: RazoRock Brain Freeze
Aftershave: RazoRock Evil Eye

First shave with the SLAB and it was wonderful. Love the heft of it. Heaviest razor I own. Just hold it up and let the weight of the razor do it's work. Looking forward to a long-term relationship with it. :001_tt1:

Like yesterday, I used Don Marco today. It's a cool morning here in Los Angeles, so I used my scuttle (DB 1.5). The RazoRock stood up to the warmth without losing anything. Great lather once again! I used the same razor/blade as yesterday and lathered with my SOC boar. Finished off with some 4711 aftershave, which continues to grow on me!

I went through a whole bottle of 4711. I haven't ordered a new one because I'm working through some other bottles first, but it really grew on me too. I added some menthol crystals to mine, but that's just a matter of personal preference. I'll be ordering 4711 again. The smell reminds me of my grandfather and my face feels great after splashing it on.

I've been using XX soap all week, it's really great stuff! Today I topped it off with some RR Evil eye A/S wax.

Prep: Hot Shower / Neutrogena Razor Defense Face Scrub
Razor: George Wostenholm 11/16 Pipe Razor Full/Extra Hollow
Brush: Savile Row 3824
Soap: RazoRock Nonno Michelino
A/S: Proraso Green Splash + RazoRock Don Marco ASB
Quality of lather: Kind of Slick
Result: DFS
Irritation: 1/10

I finished off the RR Nonno Michelino. Today's lather was the best I have gotten all week from it. It was pretty slick. I think I could have made it a little better, but I was happy with today's ending for it. I also used the Don Marco ASB for that nice post shave feeling.

I was going to start the RazoRock 888 Eucalyptus tomorrow, but I got my order of Tabac in today, and I want to give it a try based on all the great reviews of that one. So tomorrow, I will be using the Don Marco ASB for my RR product. After tomorrow, I will be going to the Eucalyptus.

Prep: Hot Shower / Neutrogena Razor Defense Face Scrub
Razor: Wagner 5/8
Brush: Ever Ready C40 Restore with TGN 22mm Finest XH
Soap: Tabac
A/S: AV Ice Blue + RazoRock Don Marco ASB
Result: DFS -
Irritation: 1/10

I wanted to try Tabac, so I stepped away from a RR soap. Although I did use my RazoRock Don Marco ASB.

Tomorrow I will start the RazoRock 888 Eucalyptus soap.

RazoRocktober Shave #9

M&F Chief

RazoRock Evil Eye Lime Shave Gel (as A Pre-Shave)
Gillette 40s SuperSpeed
PolSliver SI
*RazoRock S. Maria
RazoRock Alum Stick
Proraso Green Splash

* The S. Maria is almost done, then it's on to King Louis Lavender Soap & AS.

I used my RazoRock Classic TTO with a Personna Blue this morning. The combo was surprisingly loud, in the sense that you could really hear the hairs being mowed down. The feel was a tiny bit rough, but the overall shave was extremely close, a two-pass BBS.

Today's shave:

Short Comb Gillette New w/Personna Lab Blue (3)
RazoRock Don Marco (again! Can't get enough!!)
Whipped Dog Silvertip Brush 24mm - didn't shed one hair for the first time. Hope that nightmare is over!!!!
Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel
Krampert's Bay Rum

Easy DFS today!!

$20131008_201316.jpg

Great shave, except I tossed the Trig blade after its second use. Smooth, but not sharp enough for me.

RazoRocktober 9 - SOTD:

Razor:
Maggard MR6
Blade: Dorco Stainless (1)
Brush: Semogue 1460
Soap/Cream: RazoRock Brain Freeze
Aftershave: Old Spice

Only a few shaves left with the Brain Freeze. Not happy with this morning's shave. I think it was my first attempt at a Dorco blade and it didn't go well. First weeper in a long time. Will give it another go tomorrow w/a different blade.

Dave, love that vintage Skin Bracer! I've never seen that before, and I dig it! How do you like your 2030B?

Prep - Hot shower and RR's Lime Glycerin pre-shave bar soap
Razor - RR's JAWS O.C. with a Gillete Silver Blue
Brush - Semogue SOC Boar (Cherry handle)
Soap - RR's Fresco
Alum - RR's Alum Stick
Aftershave - Floid Blue

As I sit here and type this, I can feel the cooling from the menthol of Floid Blue. The feeling of my skin can only be compared to when I use MWF. Fresco is by far my favourite RR soap. Such a great scent and wonderful performance.

Here's looking forward to tomorrow's shave. I think I will give the XX a whirl....also a fantastic soap.

Top Bottom