What's new

The Return of RazoRocktober!

RazoRocktober Shave #2

M&F Chief
RazoRock Evil Eye Lime Shave Gel (as A Pre-Shave)
Gillette Fatboy (1960)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black
RazoRock S. Maria
RazoRock Alum Stick
Proraso Green Splash

I'll be in on this but in a singular way as I'll be using Razorock King of the Castle Brain Freeze all through October also as part of the Highlander Shave challenge.
It's a fantastic soft soap if you haven't tried it, easy slick lather and lovely for the face. I have picky skin tending to clogged pores and this soap is really easy to tolerate for me.

RazoRock Shave Gel as a pre shave treatment this morning (love the scent, and the slickness), and of course...my favorite after shave wax. Waiting for my latest shipment from IB to replenish my soaps.

$20131001_184743.jpg

Man, that Fatip is aggressive, but the 888 provided more than enough protection. I definitely felt the Myrsol though...

Today it was RazoRock S. Maria. I face lathered it with a Semouge 620. It was thirstier than I expected, but I started with the brush well shaken out. Got a nice, thick lather and shaved my way to a BBS with a short comb Gillette New and a Super Max Titanium blade. Topped it off with Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel, followed by 4711 after shave. The 4711 left my skin a bit dry, so I added some Real Shaving Company Balm.

My first RazoRocktober shave this morning was with my King Louis Lavender stuff.

I started out with the Shave Gel as a preshave treatment, then I lathered up the soap with the blue B&B Essential Boar and shaved a nice, three-pass shave with my Merkur 37c Slant with a fresh Astra SP. I spritzed on some of the KLL Aftershave spray and rubbed it in, then cleaned my brush and razor off, put them away and proceeded to apply the KLL Aftershave Wax. I finished everything up with some RazoRock Lavender EDT and I was ready to go, smooth and smelling great!

I'll have to remember to get a photo for tomorrow!

I didn't post yesterday's shave - RazoRock XX soap and aftershave balm with a Schick Hydromagic injector. A comfortable DFS shave, no nicks. The jawline is challenging for me to get close. I ended up doing touchups with an electric razor.

Today, I kept the RazoRock XX soap and balm and swapped the razor for a Merkur Progress on 3. Wow, still smooth, but with BBS closeness. No touchups needed. Minimal sting from the RazoRock alum stick or witch Hazel (just a bit on the neck). We have a winner!

I tried my RR XX this morning. Very nice, although I think I need to add a bit more water. It reminds me of the KotC Lime (which I used every day until it was gone...).

I finished off with a bit of lime splash (Captain's Choice) and applied RR Evil Eye Lime aftershave wax.

I think I'll alternate between the XX and the King Louis Lavender until they're both gone, then make a massive RR soap purchase.

Can anyone tell me about the Evil Eye after shave lotion? Can I use it after applying a splash?

Jay

Most of my shaving products are RazoRock so I would like to join you guys. Yesterday and today I used:

RazoRock Little Bastone razor
Mudder Focker Shaving soap
WSP Chubby brush
Stetson AS

I've been using the Little Bastone exclusively for about two weeks and am enjoying it very much. I hadn't used the Mudder Focker until yesterday but it whips up a quick lather, smells great and helped make a super shave. Oh, and I showered with RazoRock Coconut bar soap. A good couple of RR days so far.

Man you guys, GREAT shaves going on! I'm envious that I'm an every other day shaver. Tomorrow though is going to be one of my favorites.

Jeff - I say hit the XX. Its probably the most popular right now, and you may as well know why!

Jay - The Evil Eye AS Lotion is a spray on, and its as light as a splash. I use it in place of a splash. But you could do that if you wanted, have a layered scent kinda thing going on!

I used the Don Marco soft soap yesterday, and used the Don Marco hard soap today for comparison. Both produced a rich, slick lather and the Neroli scent was comparable. The hard soap might have performed slightly better for me. Both do better using the "Marco method" and starting with a very wet brush although it produced a copious amount of lather that would probably have given a couple of passes to everyone participating in RazoRocktober.

Day 3? Probably XXX, my go to soap about twice a week.

Man you guys, GREAT shaves going on! I'm envious that I'm an every other day shaver. Tomorrow though is going to be one of my favorites.

Jeff - I say hit the XX. Its probably the most popular right now, and you may as well know why!

Jay - The Evil Eye AS Lotion is a spray on, and its as light as a splash. I use it in place of a splash. But you could do that if you wanted, have a layered scent kinda thing going on!

Thank-you, John,

I guess I'll HAVE to add the Evil Eye Lime lotion to my inevitable November RR order...

I used the Don Marco soft soap yesterday, and used the Don Marco hard soap today for comparison. Both produced a rich, slick lather and the Neroli scent was comparable. The hard soap might have performed slightly better for me. Both do better using the "Marco method" and starting with a very wet brush although it produced a copious amount of lather that would probably have given a couple of passes to everyone participating in RazoRocktober.

Day 3? Probably XXX, my go to soap about twice a week.

Currently, the Hard / Intense Don Marco is my favorite soap...I have been experimenting with my other soaps but none matches the performance of this version. I will try B&M and MWF after Razorocktober to see if they can unseat the king.

Circumstances prevented me from shaving this morning. But I did manage to use a bit of XX AS Balm after washing my face this morning. Tomorrow, it will be Zi Peppino, I think.

The shave yesterday was so good, today I used the identical kit. :001_smile

Aristocrat jr w/ PolSI
Razorock Bee's Knees
Semogue 610
Razorock as wax

Top Bottom