What's new

The return of Fougere Gothique ?

I saw on reddit a recap of various announcements from the recent Maggard's meetup. One thing especially caught my eye. It seems Maggards and B&M will partner on the re-issue of Fougere Gothique soap, along with a new variation, Fougere Angelique. Timeframe is said to be August.

Have not yet seen anything about it on B&M or Maggards websites.

Gothique is my favorite scent ever in a shaving soap, never really expected to see it come back. I am very curious about Angelique.

That would be awesome. I need more dark fougere in my life. This would line up with B&M every other year type timeline for the seasonal/exclusives. They have now done it with a couple of the other scents like Roam, Hallows, 42, and Diamond of I'm not mistaken. I think Nocturne will come back next year.

I was hoping it’d come back this year!!! Really excited for the return of Gothique and curious to find out more about Angelique.

It's on the b&m website release schedule. I hope gothique will have samples available cause I've read polarizing reviews.

Not into gothique but angelique had me curious. I seem to recall reading it's going to be on the reserve base.

FB_IMG_1560457944152.jpg
Comparison of the two scents. They are complimentary. On the Facebook post Maggard said that Angelique has a lingering citrus scent.

I love most everything B&M makes these days so Imma just get both.

Ive really enjoyed 42 even though I didnt know what to expect as opposed to reserve where it's more obvious what you're getting, so I have no problem buying sight/scent unseen.

View attachment 991010
Comparison of the two scents. They are complimentary. On the Facebook post Maggard said that Angelique has a lingering citrus scent.

Nice chart! I’m really curious about how the citrus plays in Angelique - I’ve learned that listed scent notes do not help me predict a scent but the listing reminds me a bit of a smokier Lê Grand Chypre if i were to guess.

I have to say that even though I am stoked and I understand, it is getting quite expensive for one puck of soap $27.99. Cheers!

I have to say that even though I am stoked and I understand, it is getting quite expensive for one puck of soap $27.99. Cheers!

That's a bit what I was thinking. Also, that's not even including shipping, so that will tack on a couple more bucks unless you buy a couple tubs. So, for one tub, with shipping, it will come out to probably just over $30 for a single tub of shave soap. People want to complain about the cost of Grooming Dept. soaps, at least the shipping is factored into the $27 price tag.

I thought this release would be in the new excelsior base (which is a good base imo) and it's not. Not paying those prices for an inferior base when I can pick up a soap/aftershave set for half the price from A&E that beats the brakes off the reserve base. Just my two cents.

I thought this release would be in the new excelsior base (which is a good base imo) and it's not. Not paying those prices for an inferior base when I can pick up a soap/aftershave set for half the price from A&E that beats the brakes off the reserve base. Just my two cents.
I actually like reserve better than excelsior. Hmm. Go figure.

Top Bottom