What's new

The Redeemer Cigar Tool

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I really enjoy my radiator pipe by Hektor Wiebe, and his Redeemer Cigar tool looks pretty sweet. It's a combo draw saw and nubber. Well made like all of Hektor's stuff. And folks online gush about it.

http://www.hwiebe.com/store/p13/Redeemer_-_Cigar_Tool_(Pre-Order).html

However, I'm just not sure I need this. Never really had a problem with a bad draw on a cigar that couldn't be fixed by snipping a little more off the back, or by gently rolling the cigar back and forth between my fingers to break up any obstruction. And the nubber? Meh. I usually don't smoke my cigars that far down to the end, and when I have, I haven't had any problem holding the nub myself. So, what do you think gents? What am I missing? Anyone have one and want to weigh in?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm somewhat with you. The tool, as a whole, seems like a bulky solution to problems that can be handled easily enough with something I'll already have, i.e., my fingers.

I would imagine this will be unanimous. I would put the $50 to cigars .
I'm somewhat with you. The tool, as a whole, seems like a bulky solution to problems that can be handled easily enough with something I'll already have, i.e., my fingers.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Thanks gents. Glad to know I'm not missing something. From all of the positive buzz about the Redeemer online, I thought I must be a dolt if I didn't get why I need one.

Gimmick imo. If a cigar is so obstructed you need to ream it then it's not worth smoking. As for the nub holder, I've never met a cigar that tasted very good that far down, and I've smoked a boatload of them.

Gimmick imo. If a cigar is so obstructed you need to ream it then it's not worth smoking. As for the nub holder, I've never met a cigar that tasted very good that far down, and I've smoked a boatload of them.

I agree. Who needs an overgrown roach clip?

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Does anyone remember the Henry's Cigar Tool's from 7,8,9 years ago? And the stories spun by Palm55 on the various cigar forums?

I seem to have gotten along with using the blade on my little Swiss Army Classic as a poker.

If I have one that's plugged, just slide the blade in, usually fixes it. If not, rotate 90* and do it again.

Top Bottom